11 AM: picked up the first Flip sold in our local TMO store
    2 PM: my wife went into labor (these two events are not related)
    8 PM: the Flip was in the room for the birth of our daughter
    8:30 first photo on the Flip was of dad and daughter, probably post soon

That is a story for the CB archives

Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 11:06 PM
    Awwwww, congratulations!!!! On your daughter and your new BB!! Couldn't possibly be a more perfect first pic!!!
    10-13-08 11:07 PM
    Oh, what a beautiful day for you! Congrats on your new additions
    10-13-08 11:14 PM
    First and most importantly....congrats on your new baby girl! Hoping mom and Baby are doing well!
    10-13-08 11:20 PM
    Congratulations!!! Did you name her Pearl? (please laugh because I am trying to joke)

10-13-08 11:28 PM
    Good one, VND! Ha! No, her name is not Pearl...to be honest, that sad thought didn't even cross my mind. And I thought I was demented for posting to CB within an hour of her being born.

Thank you all for the congratulations - her name is Ainsley. She and her mother are doing incredibly well.

As for the Flip, and this is coming from a staunch 88xx/BOLD user, there is a chance it will become my "weekend driver". It's great so far, and allows me to get away from my "Pearls are for Girls" stereotyping. Once the unlock code comes in (ordered within minutes of getting the phone), I'll be able to get it out of the loust TMO reception in my region and onto ATT. I'll report back then.

For now, though, I'm going to go home, take a shower, grab some food, and probably leave the full QWERTY keyboards alone for a bit. I'll head back to the hospital with this flippin BB in my pocket.

Thanks again,
    E

10-13-08 11:46 PM
    congrats on the baby girl
    10-14-08 12:02 AM
    You did have the perfect day...
    Congrats on the baby, hope mom and baby are both well.
    10-14-08 12:08 AM
    Mazal Tov!!!
    10-14-08 01:38 AM
    Thank you all again. It's 3AM, and mom and baby are sleeping well.

That's what I love about the CB community, you guys focus on the important things. Much as I like to get caught up in these devices, it is times like this when I am reminded that ultimately, a BlackBerry is a communication device.

That ability to communicate has had the effect of creating a community like this; something which just isn't fostered by other device loyalty. I find it funny that I am waxing philosophical about this, but then again I just had another kid.

Thanks again for the well wishes, now let the crack-talk continue!

Eric

10-14-08 05:40 AM
    Congrats! 2 babies in one day!
    10-14-08 06:34 AM
    Congratulations on your newest family member.
    10-14-08 06:38 AM
    Wonderful news (the baby that is) and what better way to use your BB.

10-14-08 06:53 AM
    Wow, congrats man! How will you ever deal with learning to be a father and using your new BB at the same time?
    10-14-08 07:27 AM
    aww, congrats on the new baby
    10-14-08 07:51 AM
    Father: this is #3, so hopefully I have some parenting skills. This berry is about #30, so it is somewhat familiar. Hopefully I'll survive!

Eric

10-14-08 10:46 AM
    [SIZE="4"]Sound to me like your FLIPPIN out. Can't say why not, What better reason. God Bless your family (new additions included). Did you check the Baby's thumbs? Ha, Ha.
    10-14-08 11:20 AM
    Congratulations on both new additions! What an awesome day.
    10-14-08 12:43 PM
    Chief! Congrats on the new addition to the family...make sure her first phone is a blackberry
    10-14-08 11:20 PM
    congrats! on the baby
    and on the phone!
    usually I would say put blackberry before anything but on this note put it down for a bit and spend sometime with the girls
    10-14-08 11:22 PM
    Yeah, the girls are getting the attention; hence I'm up late at night posting on CB. You'll notice I haven't had a chance to post those flippin photos yet, but they'll come. I'm flippin this berry open often enough to get pretty good at SureType, and it is nice having a lot of capitalization done for me. Heh. I would say I'm lazy, but this makes three kids under the age of four. I don't have time to be lazy.

I haven't caught up on everyone's posts yet, but today I skinned the front of my flip. I don't really want it getting all scratched up, so now it is sporting a BSE. I took an iphone skin and cut it down to fit the whole face of the flip. Worked like a charm, and now I'm not so concerned about having it in my pocket with loose change, etc. I'm also going to skin the battery door when I get a chance, mainly for grip.

10-15-08 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD