So I am going to paint my new black housing to Pink but I was wondering if I would need to buff it or anything first? This is hobby paint that is for plastic and has a shiny coat, sooo I was just wondering if anyone has done any painting of their own cause I would love to know some tips! You think if I just paint over the black case I have now that it will chip later? Or should I buff it and I won't have to worry about it chipping? I could only find a very light pink color of spray paint form so I bought that and a gloss enamel of red and white to mix and make my own HOT PINK color. I can't wait to see how this turns out because I really want a Pink Housing for my pearl. I figure I'm going to start with the back battery door first because it is a cheap part to replace if I mess up and its in a case so it won't be seen if I change my mind later So what do you guys think? I've seen a post on here before about a lady that painted her curve a light pink color and it took a lot of coats and she had to put gloss on but I have diff paint so I won't need a gloss but she never mentioned anything about having cracking or chipping problems. I don't want my pretty pink to scratch off that would suck!
    08-18-08 05:53 PM
    Why not just buy a pink one wouldn't that make more sense?
    02-17-09 08:58 AM
    Not if she wants a specific color.

When you go to paint, you need to sand the surfaces with a very fine grade sandpaper, such as that you use for models.

Once you sand, clean the surfaces fully with alcohol. Then I highly recommend a primer basecoat before you paint. If using a regular pink, a gray primer works well. If using a metallic pink, go with a silver basecoat.

When basecoat dries, lightly sand it, and then wipe it down with the alcohol again.

Now you can apply your paint. Make sure to use even strokes and not spray it too thick.

Patience and possibly multiple coats should give you the end results you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 10:57 AM
    I was going to paint mine, but my Dad nearly killed me when I merely painted the porche, so I'm leaving the housing alone.
    02-21-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD