I am lifting the information below from a post from over a year ago that I find invaluable. It creates a way so that you can create a virtual Sent Email and Sent SMS Folders tied to a shortcut.
    open up your messages and click search...
    go down to folder and select SMS outbox...
    under show select sent only...
    hit the menu key, select save...
    then create a title for it...
    then create a shortcut for it, i made mine g...
    hit menu key then save...

now every time you go into your messages folder, just hit alt+g or whatever shortcut you used and voila, you have quick access to sent messages if you have them hidden!

I also did a sent email folder and made my shortcut alt+e, just follow the steps above except change the type to email...

if you hit the search button when in the messages, hit menu key again and then click on recall, this will show you all of your shortcut keyed searches. I changed the phone call log to alt+l.

hope this solves a lot of frustrations!
    You can then hide the sent items in your emails and texts by opening either Email or SMS icons, hit the menu button, select Options>General Options and change "Hide Sent Items" to "Yes."

Now, your emails and texts just show what you've received and you can use your shortcuts to show what you've sent. MUCH cleaner!
    09-01-09 05:41 PM
    Hey thanks! Not because I wanted to do what you described, but because I didn't even realize it had the Search function. I created a couple of searches tied to a shortcut key. Sweet!
    09-03-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD