My wife has a Blackberry 8100 red on the 4.2 OS and thre is a problem with the green led not turning off. Whether the battery is fully charged or almost dead...on or off the green led stays on at all times. I'm not sure what's happened but its a pain. Anyone know a solution or at least the problem?
    06-03-08 03:44 PM
    Well that is an indication that you have service you can turn it off by going to options and then going to screen/keyboard and then turning LED service indicator to off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 03:49 PM
    Blinking GREEN: Coverage Indicator light. This lets you know you are connected to a network. It's annoying as all heck and you will want to turn it OFF before it drives you mad (if turned on, it never stops blinking!).

How to Turn Off the Always-Blinking Green LED Light:

* Go to Options
    * Go to Screen/Keyboard
    * The LED Coverage Indicator will be set to "On"
    * Turn it to "Off"
    * Save Changes
    06-03-08 03:50 PM
    The LED coverage indicator is turned to off. The green LED is not blinking its a constant green color. Anything for that?
    06-03-08 04:31 PM
    Here's another thread with the same issue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/880...n-light-39531/

The solid green is usually that the BB is on and charging...
    06-03-08 04:35 PM
    After reading this thread and the linked one above, it seems that the only remedy is to get a tiny square of black electrical tape, and carefully position it over the light.

You will be much happier cause those lights are pretty annoying anyway. I know this because anytime someone sees a blinking light on their phone, they always pick it up and hit some buttons to make the light go out.

You never see the light flashing for 8 hours and someone goes "Hey, you have a message" and the person goes " I know, but I like the flashing lights". You never hear that.

And nobody ever wishes for the "lights stop blinking when you have a message" option, where you can't wait to check your phone to make sure it's still blinking away.
    06-03-08 06:18 PM
    This situation has happened to me after an extensive period of charging the phone. If the green lights stays on after charging, simply turn off the phone, remove the battery, put it back in, turn the phone back on and it should solve the problem. Of course, the LED Coverage Indicator has to be set to "OFF" in the Screen/Keyboard options menu.
    04-18-10 12:04 PM
    But my storm2 9520 blue light always turn on,whether close bluetooth or restart cell phone.I don't know what's happen.Could you help me?Thanks.
    04-21-10 11:18 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? I had a solid green the other day and it turned off when I switched off my bluetooth antenna.

BTW, if your wife is running OS 4.2, is there a reason you aren't upgrading to OS 4.5?
    04-22-10 07:58 AM
    I had this problem after I did the 4.5 OS update and Blingball install . also my track ball wouldn't stay at the color I chose. I realized i had the colorperal app on the phone also so I deleted color pearl and left bling ball. the phone works fine now
    07-12-10 10:33 AM
    Hi! I have the same problem green light always on. even i already reboot my torch and turn off the led indicator at the options. anyone knows what to do? aside from removing the battery? thanks!
    11-19-12 02:15 AM
    have Go to options, screen/keyboard, LED Coverage Indicator, and turn it off but still the green light does not go off and is stressing,pls help me out
    01-20-13 03:10 AM
    Z30 LED light keeps flicking and phone wants get past 60% full no matter how long it is charged
    11-26-14 07:01 AM
    dont you hate when people google advice and repost it over and over.

Battery pulled, reinstalled os. led off, etc etc

GREEN LIGHT STILL ON. SAY NOTHING IF YOU CANT HELP!
    04-30-15 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD