Hey guys and gals,

For those of you still looking for decent protection for your Flip, while still keeping it fairly sexy....I highly recommend this one I just purchased through Amazon (yuk)....

Amazon.com: Solid Black Rubberized Texture Snap-On Cover Hard Case Protector for RIM Blackberry 8220 Pearl Flip: Cell Phones & Service

It's only $1.51 with a $2.98 shipping charge....they're practically giving these things away.

I was shocked, in a great way, how much I love this hard shell case. I just made sure to smooth out a few minor burrs on the inside of it and it fits perfect and feels great and secure in the hand.

One more thing, they don't mention it, but it does come with a belt clip as well. The case took about 5 days to get to me.

Cheers!
    06-22-09 02:01 PM
    Bump diddy bump bump.....

I swear on all that is holy, I'm not an employee of Amazon But just wanted to make sure that everyone who is looking for an incredibly cheap and pretty darn good hard shell protector, should check out this case. I've tried 4 different cases/pouches (including the only official one for the 8220) etc and this one takes the cake.

Don't let the price fool ya, I was amazed how nice it was and how good it looks and feels

Cheers!
    06-23-09 01:48 PM
    nice looking out... that is a truly amazing deal. I already bought a clear one from vzw otherwise id be ordering one of those
    06-24-09 08:35 AM
    I got it last month. It makes the flipberry bulky, so I only use the back piece to protect the back and use a clear screen to protect the front.
    06-24-09 12:59 PM
    Thanks! I was looking for a case for my flip because it's been in my pocket for a few weeks and getting scratched up. I ordered this one...hopefully works out well.
    07-01-09 10:59 AM
    Thanks I just ordered one and I only hope it doesn't trap dirt too much.
    07-01-09 02:48 PM
    Thanks I just ordered one and I only hope it doesn't trap dirt too much.
    I've had mine on for the last 3 weeks or so. Took it off last night to check that very thing. There was a tiny bit of "dirt" underneath it (to be expected), but it did not scratch anything at all. The first 2 weeks I had the 8220 I was using the official leather case from BB specifically made for the Flip (absolutely horrible by the way). This hard shell case lets far less dirt in and was far less bulky then that "official" BB case.

I did also put a small square of lcd protective film on the front for the external display. I also do have film on the inside screen. This case, IMO, keeps the Flip well protected while still looking pretty classy. Of course it bulks it up a bit, but that's normal for any case.

If anyone is looking for the least amount of bulk with the most amount of protection, I would suggest checking out this protection.... Looks like pretty amazing stuff actually.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220/8230 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I don't think you guys will be disappointed one bit.... If you are, just remember it was practically free

Cheers!
    07-01-09 06:16 PM
    I bought a hard shell cover like the OP mentioned. Mine was clear, but it does make the phone too bulky for my tastes. I only use it if I am in a situation where it really needs extra protection. I've gone through several screen protectors already, so I tried out some clear packing tape - works about as well and lasts longer. I also used the packing tape on the front and back of the phone. Doesn't look quite as nice, but it's practically free and stays on better than the screen protectors I have tried.
    07-01-09 06:33 PM
    Packing tape...nice cheap alternative! Only thing that would worry me about that would be the residue it might leave. Nice cheap option though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 09:33 PM
    I've tried several types of covers and holsters and it should be mentioned that the rubberized covers preclude using a holster (at least a Flip specific holster) cuz the cover increases the overall size of the phone. I use the BB holster (with magnet) to put the phone in standby mode to extend the battery so this type of cover did not work for my needs. The price and function of the rubberized cover are very good though.
    07-03-09 09:58 AM
    zagg.com/invisibleshield/blackberry-pearl-8220-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php
    ZAGG-invisibleSHIELD BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220/8230 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    I have this on my Flip. It's a good thing. It reduces the amount of wiping I was doing to keep the finger prints off. And no scratches.
    07-04-09 01:49 AM
    07-06-09 04:07 PM
    07-06-09 04:08 PM
    Thanks againfor the info-- best 5 bucks I ever spent. The rubberized effect makes the phone less slippery without making it too stick like the silicon ones can be. And it added hardly any bulk or weight. I did order a protective film product, too, and I plan to put that on under the shell. Probably being over protective but this is my first blackberry... Plus my last 2 phones died unnatural deaths due to my tendency to disregard gravity!
    07-06-09 05:45 PM
    Packing tape...nice cheap alternative! Only thing that would worry me about that would be the residue it might leave. Nice cheap option though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It wasn't my idea - another member here did this and had no problems with residue, etc. I was worried about residue myself but don't have any problems with it. As far as I'm concerned, it works better than a lcd saver because it stays on better.
    07-06-09 11:22 PM
    I have had this case on for about a week now and absolutely love it! I used clear packing tape on the outside screen to protect it then put the case over. It doesn't add that much bulk to the phone and I like the look and feel of it.

Thanks again for the recommendation!
    07-08-09 11:06 AM
    I have had this case on for about a week now and absolutely love it! I used clear packing tape on the outside screen to protect it then put the case over. It doesn't add that much bulk to the phone and I like the look and feel of it.

Thanks again for the recommendation!
    My pleasure!

Yeah, it's the best, least bulky, fairly sexy protection I've found yet. And all for under $5 shipped....great deal, glad you guys like it......as do I.
    07-08-09 12:28 PM
    hi! i have just got my new BB pearl flip and i can tell you that is a wonderful device, but i wanted to ask, is it normal that my battery lasts only about a day and a half? i check mail about every two hours, use messenger but not for long, and web browser for about an hour or so, but still i think it should last longer, since it was supossed to last about 14 days, someone has the same problem?

HELP
    08-12-09 11:32 AM
    I just ordered the case for myself as well. Even if I don't like it very much I couldn't pass up the chance to find out for <$4. I might try the clear packing tape trick ask well for the screen, seems like a good plan, I'm just worried about mucking it up.
    08-12-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD