After the long wait,and Rogers challenged customer service dealing( was quoted $375 over the phone but couldn't process the order even though it is a straight buy out/no upgrade option at this time)Ended up buying the phone for $424 in a Rogers store.
    Problems i found just within 2 hours of messing around:
    -trackpad really jerky compared to the 9700
    -OS and applications not recognized by Desktop manager (the phone is)
    -right convenience key is not responding
    -can't find Ebay,Paypal,ScoreMobile,Googlemaps on BB App World through the phone (maybe it is just not supported.)
    -2 pre-assigned key to lock the keypad from random pressing but no button to lock it for pivacy(password lock) ,other then assign a convenience key

I am comparing the 9700 to 9100
    Hopefully i'll get a better phone tomorrow.
    06-04-10 02:58 AM
    Convenience key & trackpad might be hardware, but the rest of the stuff sounds like software issues that you might just have to wait out has RIM updates the software. This happens with all brand new devices. For sure try getting it replaced, but also make sure you have the latest update and if you are tech savy see if there are any leaked OS updates yet you can try.
    06-04-10 08:15 AM
    After the long wait,and Rogers challenged customer service dealing( was quoted $375 over the phone but couldn't process the order even though it is a straight buy out/no upgrade option at this time)Ended up buying the phone for $424 in a Rogers store.
    Problems i found just within 2 hours of messing around:
    -OS and applications not recognized by Desktop manager (the phone is)
    -right convenience key is not responding
    -can't find Ebay,Paypal,ScoreMobile,Googlemaps on BB App World through the phone (maybe it is just not supported.)
    -2 pre-assigned key to lock the keypad from random pressing but no button to lock it for pivacy(password lock) ,other then assign a convenience key

I am comparing the 9700 to 9100
    Hopefully i'll get a better phone tomorrow.
    I had the same issue with the right convenience key. I have to REALLY push it in to get it to work. not sure if it's meant to be that way or not.
    06-04-10 12:21 PM
    Looks like the key is working.The Rogers guy at the store assigned nothing ,saved it,then assigned a function ,saved it and it works now.(needs a hard push!)
    Another problem came up though .There is no ''check spelling as you type" option on the operating system.Options/Check spell...There is only 4 option boxes instead of 5.Comes pretty handy for a ESL guy like me..
    06-05-10 02:44 AM
    Hopefully when Telus finally releases the 9100 in black the issue with the side key is corrected....
    06-05-10 04:09 AM
    Hopefully when Telus finally releases the 9100 in black the issue with the side key is corrected....
    I'm beginning to think it's meant to be like that (you REALLY have to push it in) I wish they'd make the voice dialing one the same way. I'm always pushing that accidently. LOL
    06-05-10 09:27 AM
    The right side convenience key is harder to push in for camera usage. You set it to the camera function and you hold it lightly to focus and push it in harder to actually take the photo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 10:32 PM
    The right side convenience key is harder to push in for camera usage. You set it to the camera function and you hold it lightly to focus and push it in harder to actually take the photo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    same thing for the 9700... took me a bit to get used to the double click camera...
    06-20-10 04:33 PM
    This is the phone I may get when I finally decide to ditch my 8130, so please keep the reviews coming. Maybe by then they may have fixed the glitches.
    06-21-10 02:50 PM
    [QUOTE=georgedaman;5197736]:
    QUOTE]

I've experienced a similar problem with my Bell 9100 that I activated yesterday. I've used a 9700 belonging to a co-worker and the trackpad is much smoother.

Could it be hardware?? Its not consistent, sometimes its very smooth, but other times it seems like there is a lag in response.

Any Suggestions??
    06-22-10 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD