Hello everyone...been a long time since I posted. well anyways I had a blackberry pearl for a good while just up until recently I got pushed into a pool with my BB in my pocket. My BB got water damaged and now it’s just a paperweight. My friend is selling me a blackberry pearl but its missing the trackball. I figure maybe I can use the trackball from the water damaged Pearl and use it on the BB that’s missing the trackball. My question is because of my phone being water damaged, do they effect the trackball and parts as well? Will the parts still work on the new phone?
    Last edited by Dissent; 09-02-09 at 04:22 PM.
    09-02-09 04:19 PM
    If it is just the trackball, there should be no problem putting it in the working Pearl, as long as it is dry.

The trackball contains no electronic parts, just plastic, metal, and magnets. Nice deals on spare trackballs here.

Amazon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 09-02-09 at 04:35 PM.
    09-02-09 04:32 PM
    You should be able to put the trackball from your damaged device into the one your friend is giving you. Worst case scenario you can always go to a cell store or website and buy a new trackball.
    09-02-09 04:46 PM
    I had that happen to me before, I left my phone dry out for a day and then it worked! you should let it dry and see what happens
    09-02-09 04:47 PM
    I had that happen to me before, I left my phone dry out for a day and then it worked! you should let it dry and see what happens
    its been a over month since it happened. i doubted it would work again. im getting the phone tomorrow so ill let keep you guys updated.

Thanks everyone, again, for all your input!
    09-02-09 05:07 PM
    one more thing i forgot to ask...can anyone recommend me any good tutorials on how to remove/replace trackball?
    09-02-09 05:29 PM
    Today is the day i finally replaced my trackball! I've been using my pearl for 3 months without a trackball (i was smart enough to make texting on my convenience key) and all i could do is text and call.... for 3 months.... So use amazon for best bet....
    09-02-09 05:33 PM
    one more thing i forgot to ask...can anyone recommend me any good tutorials on how to remove/replace trackball?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

Answers here, Dis.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 06:09 PM
    I use this website for all of my BlackBerry parts.

OEM-PhoneParts

They are cheap and ship quickly.
    09-02-09 10:03 PM
    wow i managed to switch the track ball and batt from the water damaged phone to the new one in minutes. gave it a couple minutes to charge and now its up and running. i just got one obstacle to take care of. the keyboard is locked...is there anyway of unlocking or reseting the password?
    09-03-09 08:31 AM
    nevermind i figured it out. i put an invalid password 10 times and the phone reset. thanks everyone for ur help.
    09-03-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD