Downloaded Google Maps last night last night and it works perfectly. Downloaded Google News, Search, Sync, etc. this AM and when trying to open/initiate any of them I get the hourglass then an error message stating that a problem occured trying to render the page.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    02-14-08 07:02 AM
    I had a similar problem and found that my APN settings were blank.
    Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP
    Here you should have your APN settings for your provider. Use Google to find the details.
    Worked for me now ALL 3rd party apps can get on the 'net. Previously they couldn't!

If its not that, then perhaps its a memory issue on your handset? Whip out the battery and reboot and try again.
    02-14-08 11:01 AM
    Thanks for the reply.
    However, I don't have any TCP option listed under Options>Advanced Options
    ???
    02-14-08 11:32 AM
    From what I've read, Verizon seem to be a bit restictive with their firmware, locking out applications, the GPS, etc...

I'd update to the latest firmware and try to get rid of their lock-outs. Maybe that will solve your 3rd party application issues.

In the UK, I'm lucky enough to have an unlocked handset, which I own, was free, an unlimited data plan and a network technical support very happy to help and fix my issues (the APN settings was one).

So, yeah, move to the UK! lol
    02-14-08 11:45 AM
    The always effective "remove battery" fixed the problem.
    Thanks.
    02-14-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD