OK.... I just fell in love with the Flip all over again.

I know this is not news to 99% of you guys, but just in case there are some people who are not aware.... you should check it out.

I didn't realize until just this morning that the Google maps app is as full featured as the PC version!! I've had the app on the BB for about a month now, but have not really explored the options aside from the Google earth view, get directions, etc. WOW....street view, find businesses, call those businesses, read reviews, details (payment types, etc) all that good stuff....it's all on my Flip, and I freakin' love it

Street view really blew me away though. I didn't think it was part of Google maps mini, but sure enough. You can even go full screen, and it renders very quick and is incredibly sharp.

VERY VERY COOL!

Even though Google's size and power is starting to scare me, gotta hand to them....Google maps roxors my boxors!

Cheers!
    07-12-09 01:25 PM
    I saw this post and because I'm from Jamaica I taught it wouldn't work for me, low and behold I downloaded the app and it even found my location (celltower I guess), but close to my location.
    Saw my house and everything, don't have street view (understandibly) but the app is great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rappadappa77; 07-12-09 at 09:07 PM.
    07-12-09 09:04 PM
    I saw this post and because I'm from Jamaica I taught it wouldn't work for me, low and behold I downloaded the app and it even found my location (celltower I guess), but close to my location.
    Saw my house and everything, don't have street view (understandibly) but the app is great.

Good to know there are some Flip users in Jamaica

You should also explore the "search map" feature (BB key when in Google Maps)....Very cool! Even though street view is not there for you, you might still be able to search for stuff etc.

Cheers!
    07-12-09 11:17 PM
    Good to know there are some Flip users in Jamaica

You should also explore the "search map" feature (BB key when in Google Maps)....Very cool! Even though street view is not there for you, you might still be able to search for stuff etc.

Cheers!
    Hey Hoggles,

Yes there are a lot of flip users in Jamaica.
    I did some exploration on it and was able to find my Grandmother's house in the country parts of Jamaica, very cool.

07-13-09 11:44 AM
    I study in Jamaica but I'm from St. Lucia. Got an 8220 four weeks ago. I don't have to carry a notepad around anymore the phone has everything +
    07-14-09 01:03 AM
    I can't even get my GPS to locate with my 8230.
    07-14-09 06:01 PM
    I can't even get my GPS to locate with my 8230.
    Sorry to hear, I saw your other post, I use mine inside and outside.

07-14-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD