I have racked my brain, gone over all my settings with a fine tooth comb and STILL cannot figure this out.

I have an 8130 with Verizon, I use Gmail, and i use IMAP to forward the messages to my device -- push. Everything works flawlessly, except when i send messages to myself - little reminders that i want to look at on my desktop later. Gmail is automatically archiving them. They never arrive in the inbox, but they are in the sent messages folder and in the all mail folder. I tried forwarding to another email account (charter.net) and pull the messages from that account to my gmail account, but same thing happens! Now for the really strange part -- if i send myself a message from my desktop gmail account OR login to gmail on the bb it will show up in my inbox! I don't usually login to gmail to write messages, nor do i want to. I also tried to create a rule in gmail to make the messages stay in the inbox, but the rule will NOT apply.

Anyway, to sum it up, i think the problem lies with the bb and not with gmail. and it only appears to be something that i mustve accidentally changed because it worked for several months and suddenly stopped about 2 weeks ago.

Final note: i use BIS and have a rule set to not forward messages from myself to my device only (i have always had that rule, and i was still receiving messages in gmail inbox)

Thanks
    09-28-08 10:17 AM
    I have the same problem and I don't have any rules on my gmail account. I, too, try to send myself reminder emails and they never come back to my blackberry or go thru to my blackberry email account if they are sent from my berry. But if I log onto my gmail from the computer I can send myself emails with no problem.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 11:31 AM
    Did it ever work for you? It was working for me and then suddenly stopped. I think between the 2 of us we've ruled out that its a problem with gmail. It has to be a setting, right?
    09-29-08 12:01 AM
    I believe the same thing happens when you use Windows Mail/Outlook Express to send a letter to yourself from Gmail.
    09-29-08 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD