I would like to wipe my device and install the latest software. My goal is to have the new owner open the box and have the system start as is it were brand new. I will not be marketing the phone as new but I would like the software to perform as if it were. Please advise. How do I go about doing this?
    05-27-09 12:10 PM
    I would like to wipe my device and install the latest software. My goal is to have the new owner open the box and have the system start as is it were brand new. I will not be marketing the phone as new but I would like the software to perform as if it were. Please advise. How do I go about doing this?

Main menu > options/settings > security > menu button > wipe handheld. That will wipe the phone of everything that is on it.

Newest 8100 OS click here.
    05-27-09 12:48 PM
    My os must be different. I do not have those options.
    05-28-09 09:18 AM
    Upgrade your OS, also if you want unlock it, just call up at&t and say your traveling oversea and you need the code soon and if they ask for anything but BS, its what i did, and people are willing to buy unlocked phones and possible earn you a bit more green for free...
    05-28-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD