Ok for the past week I have been getting these random email from RIM saying "this message is used to carry data between the blackerry handheld and the associated server, pls dont selete I have never gotton these before, what has changed and how do I stop it. I dont belong to a business and my email is only linked up to my personal account. so WTF any help would be good thanks
    05-01-08 06:33 AM
    Have you noticed black helicopters flying above your house? It may be Big Brother.
    05-01-08 06:45 AM
    Oh crap I have!! I'm screwed
    05-01-08 06:54 AM
    I recieved those messages several months back. Probably 4-5 in 10 days, then they stopped. I deleted them.
    05-01-08 07:05 AM
    Ok for the past week I have been getting these random email from RIM saying "this message is used to carry data between the blackerry handheld and the associated server, pls dont selete I have never gotton these before, what has changed and how do I stop it. I dont belong to a business and my email is only linked up to my personal account. so WTF any help would be good thanks
    I've been getting those messages all day - about fifty in all.

And this morning when I synced my Blackberry, it asked me to move the mouse randomly so it could develop some kind of new encryption key.
    05-24-08 02:10 AM
    I've been getting those emails for a couple days too. Now that I think about it, I wonder if they are doing some kind of upgrade or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 08:28 AM
    Its the government tracking your every move.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you!
    05-24-08 01:30 PM
    I've been getting those emails for a couple days too. Now that I think about it, I wonder if they are doing some kind of upgrade or something.

I've had about 650 messages like that over the last several days. Most are getting caught in my spam filter, but about twenty of them get through in a batch every couple of hours.

I forwarded one to [email protected] because they are driving me NUTS. The messages I want to see are getting buried under all these pointless pings.
    05-25-08 06:58 PM
    it means you selected the wrong bb service when you installed desktop manager - uninstall and make sure you select BIS if it's personal email and BES if you're on an Enterprise service and you have to delete your service books too...anything that says CMIME or CICAL(?) Do both steps before you sync with your desktop manager again, or it will start all over...
    05-25-08 07:05 PM
    it means you selected the wrong bb service when you installed desktop manager - uninstall and make sure you select BIS if it's personal email and BES if you're on an Enterprise service and you have to delete your service books too...anything that says CMIME or CICAL(?) Do both steps before you sync with your desktop manager again, or it will start all over...
    I'll try that - thanks!

Where do I find the service books?
    05-25-08 11:37 PM
    Options > advanced > service books

05-25-08 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD