Okay, I have to ask for myself. I'm leaning toward keeping my Tilt, but I figured I'd ask a biased BB group to give me a reason.

I like my Tilt, it has Wifi, BT, GPS, 3G (which I can't get where I live anyway), 3MP camera... I run a customized rom with all of my own stuff there. Kind of nice, but it is a bit bulky.

I had an 8310 that I also loved. However, I ended up getting the Tilt so I could use LogMeIn software from my phone to fix my company servers. (I have not had to use this even once... go figure)

So, when in evaluating my next move (if there is one), I went through all of the apps I use daily and occasionally, and I found that both the 8310 and 8110 could fit my needs...

However, I'll be spending $300 for the full-price of the 8110 if I move. I'd have to sell my Tilt to justify the money...

Tilt:
    Windows many +'s and -'s with that
    Several familiar apps that I use, plus the NES emulators/other Emulators for mobile gaming
    Easy sync to Windows Media Player
    Full Linux support for syncing/management

8110:
    SMALL
    Stable Blackberry OS
    Apps are either there, or available as alternatives to what I already know/use
    Not sure about the mobile gaming
    Not sure about syncing media (Can't stand the Roxio software with my 8310)
    Unknown linux support

And just plain slick
    So please, push me one way or the other.

XC
    05-07-08 10:52 AM
    Okay, I have to ask for myself. I'm leaning toward keeping my Tilt, but I figured I'd ask a biased BB group to give me a reason.

I like my Tilt, it has Wifi, BT, GPS, 3G (which I can't get where I live anyway), 3MP camera... I run a customized rom with all of my own stuff there. Kind of nice, but it is a bit bulky.

I had an 8310 that I also loved. However, I ended up getting the Tilt so I could use LogMeIn software from my phone to fix my company servers. (I have not had to use this even once... go figure)

So, when in evaluating my next move (if there is one), I went through all of the apps I use daily and occasionally, and I found that both the 8310 and 8110 could fit my needs...

However, I'll be spending $300 for the full-price of the 8110 if I move. I'd have to sell my Tilt to justify the money...

Tilt:
    Windows many +'s and -'s with that
    Several familiar apps that I use, plus the NES emulators/other Emulators for mobile gaming
    Easy sync to Windows Media Player
    Full Linux support for syncing/management

8110:
    SMALL
    Stable Blackberry OS
    Apps are either there, or available as alternatives to what I already know/use
    Not sure about the mobile gaming
    Not sure about syncing media (Can't stand the Roxio software with my 8310)
    Unknown linux support

And just plain slick
    So please, push me one way or the other.

XC
    I have never used a Tilt besides testing one out in-store. But I would say the BB is a better long-term investment. I think BB's have a longer life expectancy. The reason I say this is because even when a new model or OS comes out you can still download the new software and apps and the device design doesn't change that much. Also, if you really dislike the Roxio software you can use Windows Media Player to add media. From my personal experience and from the opinions of friends I would say everyone gets tired of a bulky phone eventually. BB's in general, and the Pearl and Curve in particular, are pretty sleek devices. But, that being said, I seriously considered getting a Tilt when my contract with Tmobile was up. I chose to go with a BB and Verizon because of better coverage in my area and the fact that I don't really like the design of the Tilt or other phones with the "fold-open" design. Plus, I heard so many bad things about Windows Mobile devices.
    Last edited by mrmoe110; 05-07-08 at 11:17 AM.
    05-07-08 11:11 AM
    I will say that my Windows Mobile has been a good device. I think the largest issue I have with these phones is that the carriers tend to pre-load so much junk into their image. There is no getting rid of it, you can delete some icons, but the junk is still there.

I tend to stick with HTC manufactured devices in the WM realm because of the great xda-developers community that usually finds a way to load custom images to these phones, increase speed/functionality, and decrease the bloat.

Similarly, I always remove the PTT function that AT&T loads on their new BBs. Not hard, and it's gone.

The Curve was a great device, but I think if I'm sticking with a "bigger" phone, I'll keep my tilt.

The Pearl/8110 size is a big selling point for me right now.

XC
    05-07-08 11:22 AM
    Bottomline, battery life sucked. I still have my 8525 but its tucked away in my gear just in case something happens to my BB. 3g is on the way. I can wait.
    05-07-08 11:50 AM
    The Pearl, without a doubt, is the best phone I have ever, ever used. I sell Windows Mobile devices for work and hear first hand the horror stories...none of which have happened with my Pearl. The size is fantastic as well - and RIM makes a stable product.
    05-07-08 05:13 PM
    My wife has the Tilt and I hate it. I'm trying to talk her into using my 8820 since that mostly just collects dust.
    05-07-08 06:46 PM
    I will say that my Windows Mobile has been a good device. I think the largest issue I have with these phones is that the carriers tend to pre-load so much junk into their image. There is no getting rid of it, you can delete some icons, but the junk is still there.

I tend to stick with HTC manufactured devices in the WM realm because of the great xda-developers community that usually finds a way to load custom images to these phones, increase speed/functionality, and decrease the bloat.

Similarly, I always remove the PTT function that AT&T loads on their new BBs. Not hard, and it's gone.

The Curve was a great device, but I think if I'm sticking with a "bigger" phone, I'll keep my tilt.

The Pearl/8110 size is a big selling point for me right now.

XC
    Welcome! I used a Motorola Q for about a year. I went back to a "regular" phone for about a year and than got my BB. I have to say I am much more happier with my BB Pearl. Smaller and more stable. I had some issues with Windows end of the Q and it was a pain. So far "knock on wood" my Pearl is running great, and the size is what I was looking at as well...to carry in my pocket.
    05-08-08 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD