the sample video rotates 90* when you choose full screen. perfect. but video files that i have uploaded do not.

i've resampled them (to 320x240 MP4) using formatfactory (from the excellent video help thread elsewhere in this form), and no matter what rotate option i choose for the process, they always display with the long side of the frame across the short side of the screen.

any clues?
    Last edited by dookie.; 06-30-09 at 09:39 PM.
    06-30-09 09:37 PM
    You can get full screen rotated if you load the movie to your phone from Desktop Manager. Choose "optimize" on the built-in Roxio program.

It increases the file size and takes a long time for each movie, but they look great.
    07-01-09 01:01 AM
    I noticed that about FormatFactory today. It works great on widescreen videos (the bulk of my collection), but it totally borks the aspect ratio when rotating 1.33:1 full screen videos. I haven't found a way around it. Even the Preserve Aspect Ratio option is borked, it doesn't account for rotation so the video comes out 240x320!
    07-01-09 01:28 AM
    i've resampled them (to 320x240 MP4) using formatfactory (from the excellent video help thread elsewhere in this form), and no matter what rotate option i choose for the process, they always display with the long side of the frame across the short side of the screen.
    D'oh... only now do I go back and read your whole post.

Play the video on your computer - it should play sideways. Are you using Desktop Manager to transfer the video? Maybe it assumes any videos you are copying are upright. I've only ever used DM to transfer videos that were upright and needed to be rotated. For videos that I have already rotated, I always hookup by USB cable and copy the MP4 directly to the SD card.
    07-01-09 01:37 AM
    For videos that I have already rotated, I always hookup by USB cable and copy the MP4 directly to the SD card.
    that's what i've been doing.
    07-01-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD