My birthday is coming up on july 31 so my husband is gonna buy me a bb for my bday bc I'm SOOO in love with them. I've decided on the 8220, red color I went to an authorized dealer and they gave me a full retail price of $329.99 and they're gonna give me $100 for my used g1. So together thats a price of $229.99 with no contract. I think it sounds like a good deal, but what do u guys think?

Thanks!!

Tonks Cullen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 03:20 PM
    i thinks it's a good deal, but i REALLY wanna know what my fellow bb users think!!
    06-22-09 04:42 PM
    My birthday is coming up on july 31 so my husband is gonna buy me a bb for my bday bc I'm SOOO in love with them. I've decided on the 8220, red color I went to an authorized dealer and they gave me a full retail price of $329.99 and they're gonna give me $100 for my used g1. So together thats a price of $229.99 with no contract. I think it sounds like a good deal, but what do u guys think?

Thanks!!

Tonks Cullen

That seems like a decent price for a Flip with no contract...but OUCH! I could not imagine paying that much for a cell phone...any cell phone/smartphone.

When does your current contract expire? Is there no chance you could stick it out with the G1 until your able at least to upgrade? Then you could get it for free or at worst $49 (after $100 rebate) like I did on my upgrade.

Cheers!
    06-22-09 05:24 PM
    Tonks, I did a quick Google search, and found a place called CityWireless
    that has the 8220 on sale for $139 and change. Might look into that and sell your G1 online.

I figure it's worth checking out for you.
    06-22-09 05:25 PM
    Tonks, I did a quick Google search, and found a place called CityWireless
    that has the 8220 on sale for $139 and change. Might look into that and sell your G1 online.

I figure it's worth checking out for you.
    Hey BergerKing,

Could you post that link you found? I Googled and also checked out CityWirless' web site and could only find them selling accessories, not the phones themselves. Do they have a hidden link on their site I'm not seeing? If it's true that's the best deal on an new unlocked 8220 by about a hundred bones... I'm sure a bunch of peeps would love to know about that sweet deal!

thx!
    06-22-09 05:40 PM
    Not bad, I just paid $430 for my 8230 full retail. Wonder why the 8220 is $100 cheaper.
    06-22-09 06:05 PM
    Not bad, I just paid $430 for my 8230 full retail. Wonder why the 8220 is $100 cheaper.
    $430 for a Flip

You must have been in a bad spot to need one that bad. I've never paid more than $50 for a mobile device, simply because I refuse to pay that much and I wait for an upgrade or get a new contract. I've even switched carriers to avoid paying full retail for a phone.

No offense, but I feel bad for you guys who (I guess) have to for some reason pay full retail. I don't really understand why someone would have to or want to do that
    06-22-09 07:12 PM
    I apologize, the actual site is ItsinStock.com. BlackBerry� Pearl� Flip 8220 [tmobbbflip] - $139.99 : ITSINSTOCK.COM, One stop Accessories shop!

06-22-09 07:30 PM
    Hey BergerKing,

Could you post that link you found? I Googled and also checked out CityWirless' web site and could only find them selling accessories, not the phones themselves. Do they have a hidden link on their site I'm not seeing? If it's true that's the best deal on an new unlocked 8220 by about a hundred bones... I'm sure a bunch of peeps would love to know about that sweet deal!

thx!
    Sorry, I read the wrong site, link posted!

06-22-09 07:34 PM
    I just checked out the link that BergerKing posted and they also have the 8900 for $89.99! That just sounds too good to be true. But it says it's not available for sale. But the 8220 is listed at $139.99 and it doesn't specify it requires a new activation.

Hey BergerKing, do you know if these are outright prices with no contract? Have you purchased from them before?

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I'm asking because on their site, if you purchase an AT&T phone, it says "Prices reflect 2 year commitment. Some restrictions apply. Some phones require a mail in rebate from the manufacturer." But when you look at the T-Mobile phones, it doesn't say anything like that for the 8220.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 06-22-09 at 08:10 PM.
    06-22-09 07:54 PM
    Sorry, I read the wrong site, link posted!

Thanks for that link.... I'm sure that will be useful to a lot of people. That's the cheapest price I've seen for a new Flip.

I'm guessing that is indeed an unlocked Flip right? Doesn't specifically say if it is or not? Oh wait a sec.... It does say it's a Tmobile 8220. That probably means it's not unlocked. Not sure now if that's a great deal after all?? Might even be a bad deal if you have to sign a contract, as you can get them free online with a new contract. Hmmmmm
    06-22-09 08:00 PM
    I just checked out the link that BergerKing posted and they also have the 8900 for $89.99! That just sounds too good to be true. But it says it's not available for sale. But the 8220 is listed at $139.99.

Hey BergerKing, do you know if these are outright prices with no contract? Have you purchased from them before?

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I'm asking because on their site, if you purchase an AT&T phone, it says "Prices reflect 2 year commitment. Some restrictions apply. Some phones require a mail in rebate from the manufacturer." But when you look at the T-Mobile phones, it doesn't say anything like that.
    Ya, I'm thinking it has to be with a contract. I've never seen a price that low on a unlocked new BB. I think it is too good to be true or else they would have easily sold out of some of the 260+ Flips they say they have in stock. Also they could not for legal reasons sell them as "Tmobile" or "At&T" phones if they were unlocked...without a contract...I'm a thinkin'

If you really could get a $90, 8900, with no contract. Ebay sellers would snap those up in a heartbeat so they could make some quick and easy $$$.
    06-22-09 08:11 PM
    I don't know what the details are. Looked like a straight forward price, posted the info for the OP for shopping possibilities. I always try to find a better deal if it's available.

06-22-09 08:11 PM
    $430 for a Flip

You must have been in a bad spot to need one that bad. I've never paid more than $50 for a mobile device, simply because I refuse to pay that much and I wait for an upgrade or get a new contract. I've even switched carriers to avoid paying full retail for a phone.

No offense, but I feel bad for you guys who (I guess) have to for some reason pay full retail. I don't really understand why someone would have to or want to do that
    Eh it was only $150 out of pocket. If you switch phones are frequently as I do then it's rather easy. Get one subsidized and sell it on eBay when you're done. My last upgrade was in January and I picked up a Storm for $200, sold it on Ebay for a little over $300. Got a Curve full retail which was something around $400, sold it for $250. Picked up an Alias2 for $275, returned it in the 30 days for the 8230, paid the difference. It's hard to break even but I never pay the "full" full retail out of pocket. I'll prob have the 8230 on eBay in a month to put towards a full retail of the Tour if I find I like it that much. Might stick with the 8230 though.
    06-22-09 08:13 PM
    I don't know what the details are. Looked like a straight forward price, posted the info for the OP for shopping possibilities. I always try to find a better deal if it's available.

Ya interesting. As shfjcs said, the AT&T Cingular section of that site does say stuff about a contract being required, but the "TMobile" devices do not?

Hmmmmmmmm

I think I'll try to proceed as far as I can through the checkout to see if anything comes up. If it's true, maybe I'll pick up a few and sell em on the Bay.
    06-22-09 08:19 PM
    Eh it was only $150 out of pocket. If you switch phones are frequently as I do then it's rather easy. Get one subsidized and sell it on eBay when you're done. My last upgrade was in January and I picked up a Storm for $200, sold it on Ebay for a little over $300. Got a Curve full retail which was something around $400, sold it for $250. Picked up an Alias2 for $275, returned it in the 30 days for the 8230, paid the difference. It's hard to break even but I never pay the "full" full retail out of pocket. I'll prob have the 8230 on eBay in a month to put towards a full retail of the Tour if I find I like it that much. Might stick with the 8230 though.
    Oh I see! Very nice plan you have worked out. Sounds like a pretty good way to keep getting the phones you want as they come out... good on ya!

I think I'm to lazy to even attempt something like that
    06-22-09 08:22 PM
    Hey Hoggles - let us know what happens during the ordering process. I just tried it and logged off just before confirming because they never gave me an option of how to pay. I emailed them for advise on how to order.

$139.99 (free shipping too) is a great price for a new 8220. I've been searching for one for awhile too.
    06-22-09 08:45 PM
    Hey Hoggles - let us know what happens during the ordering process. I just tried it and logged off just before confirming because they never gave me an option of how to pay. I emailed them for advise on how to order.

$139.99 (free shipping too) is a great price for a new 8220. I've been searching for one for awhile too.
    Yeah, I got a little sidetracked.... I stopped when it asked for my billing info. Guess we'll find out when they email you back.

It's either a great deal on a new unlocked/no contract 8220, or not that great of a deal if you do indeed need a plan with it.

You can get the Flip for free from some online retailers I've seen (with a plan of course).

Interesting nonetheless.....
    06-22-09 08:59 PM
    Check the prices at Walmart, the 8220 is free with a new activation or 2 year extension, but the outright price was less than the retail, although I don't remember what it was. Then you can get $50 back if you send in any old phone in working condition: https://www.recyclerebates.com//tm-rim Promo Code: FlipToBlackBerry
    06-22-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD