I have read and followed the instructions on freeing up memory for the device. But when I deleted the preloaded ringtones my profiles did not work. So I put them back but would really like to take them off for more space. What am I doing wrong? Also with the languages, do I need 2 delete all of them or what? Different threads and post say different things. Just want 2 get as much free space I can get. Do the new os take care of the memory leak for the 8110?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 07:54 PM
    None of the OS's for any device 8100 and newer fix the leak. Some are better than others but its always there. Make sure to remove just the cods listed any nothing more. I believe .52 does not have the preloaded media in the device files.

07-27-08 07:58 PM
    .52 has ringtones preloaded not wallpapers

07-27-08 08:12 PM
    I have read and followed the instructions on freeing up memory for the device. But when I deleted the preloaded ringtones my profiles did not work. So I put them back but would really like to take them off for more space. What am I doing wrong? Also with the languages, do I need 2 delete all of them or what? Different threads and post say different things. Just want 2 get as much free space I can get. Do the new os take care of the memory leak for the 8110?

Thanks.

The preloaded ringtones are very small, and some may be required for proper operation. It's best to leave them alone. The only language you need is the one you use. Stoner's Procedure in my sig is your best guide to freeing up memory.
    07-27-08 08:14 PM
    Thanks so much

07-27-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD