this is just a question out of curiosity. i've had my Pearl a while now, but i haven't gotten around to getting a data plan from my provider (Rogers. i live in toronto). Before i buy i data plan from my provider, is it possible for an internet browser to be downloaded and used on a Pearl 8100 (or any blackberry) for free? any feedback will be greatly appreciated. thanks
    11-08-09 08:25 PM
    Opera Mini!!

Opera Mini - Desktop Manager installation for 8100
    http: // mini.opera.com/download-4/opera-mini-latest-advanced-int.zip

Just unzip and load onto the Desktop Manager and install onto your Blackberry Pearl!
    Works great for me without a Data Plan. Pay as you go ftw

Bonus: Opera mini has a benifit of removing Images or lowering the quality of the images to help reduce the amount of bandwidth used, thus lowering costs. (i have my images turned off)
    11-09-09 02:49 AM
    i would actually suggest bolt over opera mini. bolt renders pages quicker than opera mini and it's more lightweight, which is a huge benefit to pearl users

as a former opera mini user, i noticed it would lag on certain pages (yahoo fantasy sports for example) and i would just have to sit and wait for it to load. haven't had any complaints about bolt.

btw u can download either bolt or opera mini over the air, i personally think it's more of a pain to do it through dm like idlehands suggested.
    11-09-09 03:22 AM
    Yes you can either use bolt or opera mini,hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 08:56 PM
    i'm pretty sure that you can't download bolt or opera mini to get free internet.
    11-12-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD