Hello all! I am hoping that someone out there knows of a free clock program or screensaver that will run while my Pearl 8130 is in it's cradle for the night. I would love to have the phone dimly lit with a big digital clock on it when I wake up and want to see the time. I already know about the Vorino clock screensaver, but I was hoping for a free alternative. Thanks in advance!
    05-12-08 08:57 PM
    There is a free alternative. You need two free programs. Download BBLight here and then download BigClock here. After installation, set BBLight to come on when on external power and then turn on BigClock. I don't use the alarm function through BigClock because, while functional, it's a pain to work with. It works in my charger stand and I've had no issues with it. However, keep in mind, that with the screen lit, the keyboard will also be lit up, so it may be brighter than you'd like.
    05-12-08 10:57 PM
    Hmmm... Thank you very much for this idea! Can you configure BigClock to start automatically when it is charging? Also, can I change the font colors or is it only in white?
    05-13-08 08:52 PM
    BigClock doesn't start automatically but you can change the background and foreground colors. The program isn't user friendly but it works well for what it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 09:53 PM
    Hello all! I am hoping that someone out there knows of a free clock program or screensaver that will run while my Pearl 8130 is in it's cradle for the night. I would love to have the phone dimly lit with a big digital clock on it when I wake up and want to see the time. I already know about the Vorino clock screensaver, but I was hoping for a free alternative. Thanks in advance!
    03-25-10 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD