Just wondering if there is any way to get a browser that formats the webpage for your mobile phone. For example: if you go to my website on the blackberry browser (cobaltcoupe.net) its all out of wack. But if you go to google and pick the setting to format the page for your mobile phone it comes out so much better. Now I want a webbrowser that does this automatically when you put a site in the address bar instead of having to go through google. Anyone have an answer for me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-08 07:52 AM
    The pages has to be made in wap format. Not all websites do this yet...
    04-24-08 08:02 AM
    I think opera mini will solve your problems. It's really the best program out there for the blackberry.
    04-24-08 08:49 AM
    In this case the best/quickest is probably viggo. go to getviigo.com/crackberry on your web adrress.

It's not a browser persay, but if you just want the content, I think the easiest thing for mobile is simply to view the RSS feeds. cuts out all the site stuff that can "go wrong" on a mobile browser and just gives you the straight up text/images.

or if you want full web browsing, then opera mini it is..but some sites will still get messed up.
    04-24-08 08:56 AM
    From my knowledge (I've been designing websites lightly for 2 years) some websites will never format correctly. From what I've seen its mostly sites that use frames or image-heavy table modle sites.

The images will be forced into a verticle format breaking the horizontal fashon they were designed in. Operamini is definatelt the browser that best combats this.

...but I could be wrong in my assumption.

04-24-08 10:22 AM
    No one knows?

04-24-08 11:05 AM
    I use opera min and the BB browser about 50/50. It just depends on the site for what browser is best to use.
    04-24-08 11:21 AM
    I use opera mini too.Most of the sites that I visited look ok.
    04-24-08 11:50 AM
    I found Enter a URL it turns all your sites mobile friendly.

04-28-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD