I bought a new media card for my blackberry 8100, however when I try to format it according to the instructions, the "format card" option is not anywhere! The phone has a place for the card so I know it is equipped to handle it. I went under options, media card and when I push the button left of the ball, "format card" should be an option and it's not.
    01-21-09 02:38 PM
    Does it say you have a media card inserted?
    01-21-09 03:12 PM
    I looked up on youtube how to insert it and it should be fine.
    01-21-09 04:47 PM
    That doesn't answer my question. I'll ask it differently. When you go to Options > Media Card/Memory, does it say there is no card inserted? Also, do you have media card support turned on?
    01-21-09 04:59 PM
    i didnt have to format mine for mt pearl .. just put it in and it was there
    01-21-09 07:18 PM
    Actually it says a media card is not present in this device. Only thing I can do is turn it around the other way. I thought the metal was supposed to face the metal though from the card to the phone?
    01-22-09 08:22 AM
    The media card can only go in one way. How do I know if I have a possible problem with the card? I've never used one before, can you tell? lol
    01-22-09 08:27 AM
    Only way to know for sure would be to try a different card. The metal contacts should touch each other. There is also a groove in which the card should be inserted into, rather than just lying the card onto the surface.

What kind did you get?
    01-22-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD