Ive had my Blackberry 8100 for about 6 months now and love it.

Just recently the flash from the camera will turn on and I cannot find a way to turn it off. Sometimes if I mess with the camera function for a while it will turn off but it will pop back on eventually.

The odd part is, the phone doesnt have to be on for the flash to be on, the second I touch the battery to the contacts it turns on again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    12-31-07 02:35 PM
    That's a new one! I've not heard of that issue before. Something is wrong with the device. Has it gotten wet?
    12-31-07 02:47 PM
    Nope, never gotten wet.

Im about to say screw it and pull the damn thing apart and just cutting the connection.
    12-31-07 05:58 PM
    I would get the device replaced. If it's only 6 months old it should still be under warranty. If the moisture indicator is red inside the battery compartment (on the device, not on the battery) or if it has damage from being dropped they won't replace it.
    12-31-07 06:01 PM
    :-P

that's what many people want, turning the flash on permanently, though this on's probably gone too far with that
    01-01-08 06:06 PM
    Damn this is happening on my 9700. It's soooo annoying. Anyone know how to fix it?
    05-24-10 12:09 AM
    Always try a hard reset, but i have only ever seen this happen when the phone comes in contact with moisture, even if your phones WDI (water damage indicator) is still white it doesnt mean it hasnt been wet or been around steam. One way of course is to disconnect the flash, another is to switch to another phone and wait for it dry out or take it to a repair center and have them fix it.
    05-24-10 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD