The flash on my friend's pearl is always on. He talked with the AT&T tech support and the walked him all the way through a wipe and it is still going strong..... any suggestions? I saw this problem somewhere else but have seen no solution posted. Thanks!
    07-26-07 09:18 PM
    What version of BB software your friend has? Maybe is bug in software so he should upgrade software to latest version. It that doesnt help then he need to send it to service...
    07-27-07 03:41 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had basically come down to that conclusion.... he's got a replacement coming on Monday or Tuesday; but the geek in me wants to try the software upgrade since the phone is going to be replaced anyway. I think the light is going to burn a hole through the electrical tape he's stuck over the light! :-)
    07-27-07 03:24 PM
    If its going back, then you coul tr the OS update, however if you are having it replaced, they might want to have the fault present....

Or you could try the screwdriver method....straight through the lens..
    07-27-07 03:44 PM
    !take pics!
    07-27-07 11:04 PM
    p.s.~ Welcome aboard
    07-27-07 11:05 PM
    Or you could try the screwdriver method....straight through the lens..

Sounds interesting...

Imagine video clip -- screw vs. lens...
    07-28-07 04:08 AM
    FYI: installed newest OS from AT&T and the light did not go out..... new one arriving today! Didn't get to take a pic but the electrical tape was not very attractive... effective, but.....
    07-30-07 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD