Dear Crackberry Friends,

I finally got past that [J:0x00000005] Fatal Error and restored my Blackberry! It took me over a month of many attempts and different procedures when I was finally able to successfully restore my Blackberry Pearl 8120 to 4.5 OS on Windows 7(64bit) HP Laptop. I even took it to RIM Certified repair shops who said my phone was "unrepairable". So Here's what I did:

*Uninstall any OS and DM that you had previously installed*
    *Make sure you're using the original Blackberry USB cable*

1) Download 4.5 OS from T-mobile.com
    2) Download 4.6 DM from T-mobile.com
    3) Download JL_Cmder v1.9.0 (There's a procedure to make it work on win7, search for it)
    4)Install 4.6 DM
    5)Install 4.5 OS
    6) Delete "Vendor" in Apploader Folder.
    7) Connect BB Device (with battery inside)
    8) Wipe with JL_Cmder
    9) Remove battery after wiping, but stay plugged in
    10) Open up command prompt and type: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\common files\research in motion\apploader\ loader /nojvm (enter)
    11) You should already see "usb unknown" on the connection page (click next)
    12) Keep clicking next until process starts.
    13) while erasing data (wait until the bar moves past the "a" in erasing)
    14)Immediately pop the battery back in.
    15) shut off computer monitor or close your laptop lid (make sure lid settings are set to keep your computer on after you close)
    16) Step away from computer and let it do its thing.
    17) Viola! Successful update!

I know some of the steps sound absurd but it worked for me and hopefully it will work for others.

Good luck!
    05-29-10 12:52 PM
    I tried your suggestion but it did not work for me! I am at a loss. I really would like to use my flip! Has any one else been successful defeating this particular type of error?
    09-22-10 04:50 AM
    thanks to this post my old pearl that was nuked was finally revived, here's what I did. Wiped the phone using bbsak, deleted previous desktop os, replaced with a new one, used a generic cable cause I can't find the original, left the battery inside the phone the whole time, used bbsak to load os and when it said loading applications I turned off the monitor until it finished. I failed on the first try but the second try was the charm, but after the os loaded my phone had a jvm error 102 reset, I just pressed reset and it finally booted! Wow Ive been searching for a solution for almost 5 months now, who knew that turning off the monitor would do the trick.
    Nishant Kumar6 likes this.
    01-23-11 11:40 AM
    What's the deal with the cable ? How long is the OEM usb cable? What end is the filter on? Good find.
    01-27-11 09:24 AM
    So in command prompt (cmd) am I suppose to type cd C:/etc.......!
    02-13-11 11:12 PM
    thanks to this post my curve 8310 got revived.
    05-31-14 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD