Hi all,

New here. I've been googling like crazy for a simple solution to be able to play mp3's from my 8100 through bluetooth (headset and through car stereo), and I found out that I need to get A2DP support. But I'm very confused where/how to do that. I have firmware 4.2.1.107 (latest on T-Mobile's website).

- T-Mobile has no idea where to get any other version.

- I can't reach anyone at RIM who can give me an answer.

- blackberry.com has a document (KB10375) that says that FW 4.2.2 has A2DP and AVRCP support, but no links to download it.

- Some aftermarket company called dollar5 has an audio application that allows me to do this without a firmware upgrade (apparently), but apparently it's not stereo.

- The blackberry store has a device that receives bluetooth streaming audio and plays it through a home stereo, and claims that the 8100 is supported, but they can't explain how it would work without A2DP.

- I see posts from a year ago where people were beta testing firmware 4.3.x.x (which has A2DP support), but no links as to where to download it. Apparently other carrier's websites may have it, but I'm not sure if there is any carrier-specific content in these upgrades, and if I can even get it from those.

- Finally, I found a link on this forum to FW v4.5.0.75. Is there any problem with installing this? Will it void my warranty since I did not get it from t-Mobile? They said I need to ask RIM about warranty issues. If it does not work, will I be able to re-install the previous FW version? Or can I lock myself out of the device? This download also says TIM Italy. Is this in Italian? What is TIM?

Really frustrated so appreciate any assistance on this.
    Thanks,
    -Neil.
    07-21-08 01:03 PM
    BTW, there is also something at Handango called "BerryTunes", which it claims will stream music from an 8100. Not sure if that will fully solve the problem on it's own, or if they're assuming I have the A2DP firmware.
    07-21-08 01:17 PM
    Hi all,

New here. I've been googling like crazy for a simple solution to be able to play mp3's from my 8100 through bluetooth (headset and through car stereo), and I found out that I need to get A2DP support. But I'm very confused where/how to do that. I have firmware 4.2.1.107 (latest on T-Mobile's website).

- T-Mobile has no idea where to get any other version.

- I can't reach anyone at RIM who can give me an answer.

- blackberry.com has a document (KB10375) that says that FW 4.2.2 has A2DP and AVRCP support, but no links to download it.

- Some aftermarket company called dollar5 has an audio application that allows me to do this without a firmware upgrade (apparently), but apparently it's not stereo.

- The blackberry store has a device that receives bluetooth streaming audio and plays it through a home stereo, and claims that the 8100 is supported, but they can't explain how it would work without A2DP.

- I see posts from a year ago where people were beta testing firmware 4.3.x.x (which has A2DP support), but no links as to where to download it. Apparently other carrier's websites may have it, but I'm not sure if there is any carrier-specific content in these upgrades, and if I can even get it from those.

- Finally, I found a link on this forum to FW v4.5.0.75. Is there any problem with installing this? Will it void my warranty since I did not get it from t-Mobile? They said I need to ask RIM about warranty issues. If it does not work, will I be able to re-install the previous FW version? Or can I lock myself out of the device? This download also says TIM Italy. Is this in Italian? What is TIM?

Really frustrated so appreciate any assistance on this.
    Thanks,
    -Neil.
    This player will play music, video, and games sound through your headset using your current os. But is not stereo, it does work and is easiest solution to your problem Dollars 5 Complete � multiPlay Personal edition for Blackberry 8800, 8300 and 8100
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 07-21-08 at 01:34 PM.
    07-21-08 01:32 PM
    Download CrackMem from here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/. Run it and read the help text. Read the resources and Upgrading your OS using CrackMem sections. This will give you enough info to get you going.
    07-21-08 01:38 PM
    John, yep that's the same one I mentioned, but it's pointless if it's mono. I'd just go buy an ipod then (though I really don't want to do that). There's also the BerryTunes which I believe is stereo, and is only $25, but I need to research that better.

Pete, from the blurbs I read on your link, this looks like a neat little tool. I'll go play with this tomorrow.

Thanks,
    -Neil.
    07-21-08 09:42 PM
    Pete, I downloaded/installed v2.3, but nothing happens when I click the "help" button (top right). Is there something else I need to install? I didn't find any other info on this.
    Thanks,
    -Neil.
    07-24-08 07:55 AM
    i think i read that the new 4.5 os updates bluetooth.
    07-24-08 01:26 PM
    John, yep that's the same one I mentioned, but it's pointless if it's mono. I'd just go buy an ipod then (though I really don't want to do that). There's also the BerryTunes which I believe is stereo, and is only $25, but I need to research that better.

Pete, from the blurbs I read on your link, this looks like a neat little tool. I'll go play with this tomorrow.

Thanks,
    -Neil.
    I had the same problem as you so I found a version of the 4.5 os 4.5.52 or something like that. It works great for BT but it introduces some bugs, nothing major, but you have to decide for yourself.

Color pearl doesn't work, the LED indicator lights up solid sometimes (the fix was to turn all the LED indicators off). After a week of using 4.5 its been sluggish, mostly when I'm listening to music and trying to do something else and I had an "app reset once". Overall, using my phone as a music device was key for me, the bugs (more like gnats) aren't deal breakers for me, but I'll be paying close attention for the next version of the OS
    07-24-08 08:26 PM
    I read the same thing, and just found out what "color pearl" is. I don't care to change the color of the trackball, but I read that 4.5 has a camera bug. Not sure of the nature of the bug, but I like having a camera for those "emergency" photos, so don't want to lose that feature.
    07-24-08 08:35 PM
    Do you have to purchase the full version of MultiPlay to get music to a Jawbone headset or just the free version?
    Thanks
    08-11-08 04:33 PM
    Do you have to purchase the full version of MultiPlay to get music to a Jawbone headset or just the free version?
    Thanks
    i believe its free mine was plays all audio through any headset using multiplay
    08-11-08 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD