BlackBerry® Pearl™ 9100 | Smartphones | Phones | TELUS Mobility

Wow, maybe it will actually launch and wasn't just some big joke. But who knows... maybe the phone doesn't really exist and they are really just committing to the prank.
    05-28-10 10:09 AM
    is it only available in pink? i don't see any other options for colours.
    05-28-10 01:13 PM
    rogers better match this price.
    05-28-10 07:34 PM
    Its supposed to be in black as well, but you're right that all that is showing up right now is the pink. I even tried putting it in my cart and there was still no option for changing it.
    05-28-10 09:30 PM
    rogers better match this price.
    How much is it?
    05-28-10 11:30 PM
    telus is selling it for 30 on a 3 yr, rogers is 50 on a 3 yr
    05-29-10 08:22 AM
    telus will have it in black in a few weeks i read on the net.
    05-29-10 03:23 PM
    Ordered one today. Great timing actually, my basset hound pup can finally reach the coffee table and chewed my 8130 to bits last night.
    05-31-10 01:46 PM
    My wife and I just picked up a 9100 from Telus. I have a 9700 Bold through work. So far it seems to be a great addition to the BB family. I've only noticed a couple of issues so far:

in BB Messenger the phone dosn't seem to send or recieve a profile's picture.

Although the camera works fine it does not seem to come on to scan a BB barcode.

I am not sure if I am missing a setting for the above 2 issues but will kee digging.
    06-01-10 06:52 AM
    is it only available in pink? i don't see any other options for colours.
    I placed an order over the weekend for a friend and when I did their was a drop down what allowed me to select black now even thou site only shows pink. Ill let you know when it arrives.
    06-01-10 07:28 AM
    Did anyone recieve a holster in the box with their new Pearl from Telus? On their website it states that it is "in the box". When I picked up the phone the sales person said it wasn't in any of the boxes with the new Pearls at the store. I spoke with a Telus rep and she made a "note" of the issue and stated one would be sent to me... I don't expect one to show up but will let everyone know when and it one does.
    06-03-10 06:30 AM
    Did anyone recieve a holster in the box with their new Pearl from Telus? On their website it states that it is "in the box". When I picked up the phone the sales person said it wasn't in any of the boxes with the new Pearls at the store. I spoke with a Telus rep and she made a "note" of the issue and stated one would be sent to me... I don't expect one to show up but will let everyone know when and it one does.
    I didn't, I expected a sleeve or something. Should I call them?
    06-03-10 09:05 AM
    Just called. Apparently this is a problem.

I got a credit I can use at a Telus store. ($29.99) for a holster.

So if you get the new Pearl from Telus with no holster give them a call.
    06-03-10 09:30 AM
    I will give them a call tomorrow!
    06-03-10 06:14 PM
    I just called Telus and got a $30 credit! They wanted to only give me $14 but I told them the holster was $29.95 at the store I purchased the phone. The rep actually called the Telus store to confirm! Glad I called before they correct the mistake on their web site!
    06-03-10 06:45 PM
    Good job on getting that credit!!!!

I hope that this is not what's holding back the US carriers!! Imagine having
    to give credits to everyone that does not get a holster???
    06-03-10 07:42 PM
    Just called. Apparently this is a problem.

I got a credit I can use at a Telus store. ($29.99) for a holster.

So if you get the new Pearl from Telus with no holster give them a call.
    Good find!
    06-05-10 04:38 AM
    My wife and I just picked up a 9100 from Telus. I have a 9700 Bold through work. So far it seems to be a great addition to the BB family. I've only noticed a couple of issues so far:

in BB Messenger the phone dosn't seem to send or recieve a profile's picture.

Although the camera works fine it does not seem to come on to scan a BB barcode.

I am not sure if I am missing a setting for the above 2 issues but will kee digging.
    Profile pics takes time for it to update and kicks in. The phone hasn't fully registered with the phone yet. Wait like 48 hours and do a battery pull then you will notice profiles pic will get updated constantly.

I'm having the same problem with the barcode scanning as well and I'm with Bell. I hope this isn't a hardware issue because a software bug can easily be fix with an update.
    06-06-10 10:04 PM
    Profile pics takes time for it to update and kicks in. The phone hasn't fully registered with the phone yet. Wait like 48 hours and do a battery pull then you will notice profiles pic will get updated constantly.

I'm having the same problem with the barcode scanning as well and I'm with Bell. I hope this isn't a hardware issue because a software bug can easily be fix with an update.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try!
    06-07-10 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD