I recently installed the latest version of software on my 8130 Pearl. It was version 4.5. After that, was just going through the post on freeing up memory from Reed. I got to the part on removing the sample wallpapers. I moved the file 'net_rim_bb_medialoader_folders_240x260_b.cod' to another folder then opened up Desktop Manager and ran application loader. I went ahead and removed Yahoo Go and clicked continue. It said it recognized that the wallpaper file was removed. So i continued and it was complete. When I clicked close, my phone rebooted and an hourglass came up on the screen and wouldn't go away. So I removed the battery and put it back in. Upon reboot, the hourglass was gone. I went in to check free memory and now my total file size (which used to be right under the total free size), isn't there anymore.

1. Did I do wrong by removing the battery when the hourglass wouldn't go away?

2. What happened to the file total line? Did it disappear after the upgrade to V4.5 or after removing that file?

One more thing...when applying a picure to the background, 'fill to screen' or something like that used to be an option but since I updated, its not???

Thanks in advance for the help.

-- Josh
    11-12-08 08:54 AM
    Hold down the bottom left key (looks like a black arrow down and a silver arrow up) and type in E A C E. Does you total file appear there?
    11-12-08 08:58 AM
    Hold down the bottom left key (looks like a black arrow down and a silver arrow up) and type in E A C E. Does you total file appear there?

Yes, it does. What happened to it under status?
    11-12-08 09:00 AM
    While following the memory optimization guide did you delete the VAD?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 09:12 AM
    While following the memory optimization guide did you delete the VAD?

No, just the one file that I mentioned.
    11-12-08 09:20 AM
    I am not sure then. I know when you delete the VAD you no longer can use options about. I never realized it may affect file total in the status. I checked mine and it is not there either. I usually use the alt E A C E so it was not a big deal for me. Maybe someone else can answer your question a little better.

11-12-08 09:25 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    11-12-08 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD