Seem to have an issue where file space is being eaten up for no apparent reason on my BBerry. Started out with about 17 MB free when I got the Pearl 8100, went down to 7MB after only adding some e-mails and using 640.K in database size and inserting a 1GB media card. Spoke to RIM, who helped me free up some space by changing the configuration for space needed for pictures since I have the media card and that brought me up to 20.5 MB. A week later, have used 750.0K in database size, have added the IM by handango and I am down to about 10MB. Has anyone else ever had this issue and do you have any explanation as to why it may have happened and recommendations to make sure I retain enough free space for e-mails and to allow me to download any other applications? Thanks.
    03-01-07 01:19 PM
    Couple things I would check;

1. Hold ALT + ESC and see what all apps you have running at the same time. Often you'll have something running that doesn't need to be, and you can close it and free up some space.

2. Also try ALT +LGLG and then press the menu and choose to clear the logs. It should free up some space, and generally will make your BB run a bit faster too.

3. Delete off any BB installed items, such as the demo video that comes pre-loaded. You can open up your DeskTop Manager and then App Loader and delete off that way. While that is open, you may want to delete off multi-language support if you are not using any of it.

4. You can also delete any third party apps that you don't use.

5. Take advantage of your media card to store all video's, ringtones, photo's, and music. Don't save any of that on the device.

Hope some of this helps.
    Cynycl likes this.
    03-01-07 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD