I have a few questions about my 8100. I thought I'd create one post instead of multiples.

1 - can I save emails/txt messages and address book to my memory card or is that for media only?

2 - how can I stop my web browser from freezing on me? When it does freeze, is rebooting the phone the only way out?

3 - can I take video with my 8100?

Thanks everyone!
    01-25-09 05:22 PM
    1. No, the card is for media only, plus a few specialized apps that use it to store data.
    2. I've never had a browser freeze. Are you using the BB Browser and emulating the BlackBerry?
    3. No.
    01-25-09 05:53 PM
    Thanks Jeff. I appreciate your help. Yeah, seems I have issues with my browser freezing up. When that happens, the hour glass pops up and comes off and on and the entire phone is unusable. I then have to pull the battery out to reboot it. Any ideas as to what is going on here?
    01-25-09 07:48 PM
    I haven't seen it described like that, but if you've got a corrupt page in your cache, and you try to go to that site, it could hang you up. Try clearing your cache. In the Browser, Options / Cache Operations / Content Cache. If there's anything in it, the Clear button will be not-grayed out. Clear the cache and see what happens.
    01-25-09 07:51 PM
    Ok, cleared the cache and will see if that helps.

One more thing, is it worth making the 4.05 OS upgrade?
    01-25-09 07:56 PM
    OS4.5 will add new features and capabilities to your 8100. I don't know anyone who's done it that didn't think it was well-worth doing. That said...

Upgrading your OS is not difficult, but it is not trivial either. It will be much easier to do, and you will be much more likely to be successful, if you first get some basic familiarity with your BlackBerry. A good way to do that is to perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. Created by Forums Moderator Reed McLay, it will show you how to install your device OS on your PC, (which you have to do to upgrade your OS) and will help you optimize your free memory. It's a terrific tutorial procedure. Once you've done that, and understand what's going on, upgrading your OS will be much easier.

You should not attempt to upgrade the OS in the first 30 days that you own a new phone, simply because installing an OS other than the factory-supported OS will void your warranty and you will have to restore the factory OS before you can return your phone, should you find some other defect in it in the first 30 days. As an additional benefit, after using it for 30 days, you'll be much more likely to succeed when you do attempt the upgrade.
    01-25-09 08:09 PM
    I really need help!! my BB pearl 8100 isn't detecting my memory card and I know that the card works becase I've check it with my other phone(Razr) so I can't get access to any of my pictures, ringtones or anything! And I also keep getting "DATA CONNECTION REFUSED" message. What can I do !!!!!!! Please help. Thanks
    01-30-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD