All right, so here's my issue I'm hoping the brilliant minds at Crackberry will be able to assist me with. My problems began thus, I had just downloaded the facebook application for blackberry and had gone on my merry way when I looked down and noticed that my phone had a white screen with a 503 application error and was asking me to reset. I did so, but it kept coming back to the same screen, so I decided to reload the OS using desktop manager (apploader, actually). This seemed to be working until it started loading the OS files onto the phone at which point apploader crashed with a fatal error and my phone disconnected from the computer.

This happened every time I would try to reinstall, so acting on a thread I saw on the Blackberry forums I used JL CMDER to wipe the phone. I removed and replaced the battery and got a progress bar for wiping the phone and it booted back to a reload software 507 error, which is as it should be. The problem is that the phone still disconnects with a fatal error when trying to reload the operating system. The problem is not with the cable, because the phone detects fine, it only disconnects as soon as I try to reload the operating system. I've also tried to start apploader quickly after replacing the battery (while it still indicates USB Unknown) but this does not help.

Can anyone think of anything else I can try to resolve this issue? I've already had one phone replaced under the manufacturer's warranty for similar problems and I'm not sure if it will cover a second.
    07-15-09 04:23 PM
    All right, so here's my issue I'm hoping the brilliant minds at Crackberry will be able to assist me with. My problems began thus, I had just downloaded the facebook application for blackberry and had gone on my merry way when I looked down and noticed that my phone had a white screen with a 503 application error and was asking me to reset. I did so, but it kept coming back to the same screen, so I decided to reload the OS using desktop manager (apploader, actually). This seemed to be working until it started loading the OS files onto the phone at which point apploader crashed with a fatal error and my phone disconnected from the computer.

This happened every time I would try to reinstall, so acting on a thread I saw on the Blackberry forums I used JL CMDER to wipe the phone. I removed and replaced the battery and got a progress bar for wiping the phone and it booted back to a reload software 507 error, which is as it should be. The problem is that the phone still disconnects with a fatal error when trying to reload the operating system. The problem is not with the cable, because the phone detects fine, it only disconnects as soon as I try to reload the operating system. I've also tried to start apploader quickly after replacing the battery (while it still indicates USB Unknown) but this does not help.

Can anyone think of anything else I can try to resolve this issue? I've already had one phone replaced under the manufacturer's warranty for similar problems and I'm not sure if it will cover a second.
    Interesting....

Sounds like your doing it right.... Hmmmm....

Have you tried to install .278? If you're not using an official Rogers OS, are you deleting the vendor.xml file prior to install?

The best luck I've had is when using Desktop Manager 4.6. Also, what OS is your PC running? XP? Vista? X86-X64?

I'm running Vista x64 and I've had some wacky things happen when using Desktop Manger and loading a new OS.

Just wanted to make sure you've looked at these links....

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

I'm sure you've looked at a bunch of threads already, just wanted to make sure you saw those.

I'm sure someone with more expertise will be able to help more.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Hoggles; 07-15-09 at 05:19 PM.
    07-15-09 05:13 PM
    Yeah, I got rid of the vendor.xml to install one non-standard OS, but since I wasn't sure what the most stable previous version to install might be so I haven't really tried it at this point.

I am running XP with service pack 2, and I used the how to reload the OS on a nuked Crackberry to guide my attempts to resolve this particular issue. Hadn't seen the one about JL Cmder though, so I will give that a read through and see if that helps.

Thank you for responding! Kind of at my wits end here :P

EDIT: Update 1 - Followed the instructions about starting Apploader from the command line and attempted to load version 4.6.0.281 from O2 UK, a rollback from the one that Rogers provides (.367 I believe). Software updated successfully and my phone is currently trying to reboot. Will post again if it is successful.

EDIT 2: Success! OS booted properly and phone is now functional again. Only problem is the front LCD is locked on the Rogers logo and won't display the clock, which is relatively minor considering the fact the phone now works. It does seem to be sporadically restarting, but I'm hoping that will sort itself out soon.
    Last edited by ihotzel; 07-16-09 at 05:36 PM.
    07-16-09 03:32 PM
    well for me when i follow the second like it says loader.exe is not recognized
    08-18-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD