For those of you who have purchased the new Seidio extended battery for the Pearl, how has your experience been so far? Does the battery last a lot longer?

When I had the Treo, I purchased an extended battery but couldn't really tell a difference. Thanks.
    04-06-08 10:36 PM
    I get 2 days out of it with a lot of messaging.
    04-06-08 10:39 PM
    How many days would get go with the standard battery? A day? 1.5 days?
    04-06-08 10:43 PM
    Charged every night with the standard battery. I would say I get from 2 to 2 and a half really depends I know some folks get 3 days.
    04-06-08 10:46 PM
    Are you guys discussing the extended battery that fits with the standard battery door, or the one where you have to get the extended door also? I've seen both for sale....

Thanks
    04-06-08 10:50 PM
    I have the one that fits with the standard door.
    04-06-08 10:53 PM
    I was interested in the one that fits with the standard door.
    04-06-08 10:55 PM
    I've always wondered why manufacturers such as RIM and Palm don't come out with the extended batteries themselves to begin with. They always have a standard battery and then Seidio comes out with an extended one. I know that RIM and Palm aren't stupid so perhaps there's a valid technical reason for the standard battery's capacity?

Could extended batteries cause harm to these devices in the long run?

One thing I noticed with my Treo's extended battery was that it would never fully charge. The green light indicating that it was fully charged would appear but as soon as I unplugged the charger, the battery status would drop down to about 96%.
    04-06-08 11:01 PM
    I bought the seido extended battery...the battery lasts less than one day, worse performance than the standard battery
    04-07-08 01:23 AM
    I bought the seido extended battery...the battery lasts less than one day, worse performance than the standard battery

same here..I am very disapointed
    04-07-08 04:48 AM
    I heard it gradually increases power as you use it more. But I would still get a refund, although it can be used as a backup battery and you could get maybe 3 days+ out of both batteries, think about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 04:58 AM
    Did you guys cycle it properly when you first got it? It doesn't start giving max performancd until like 5 or 6 charge/discharge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 05:47 AM
    It seems to be getting worse the more I use it though. And yes, I usually let it run from full strength down to 20-30% before I give it a full change.

The first couple weeks seemed to be great. Now it seems to be running out much faster. Of course this could just be my imagination, but it seems to be noticeable.
    04-07-08 06:13 PM
    I have had the same experience as chawknz. I charged it at different times after the first big charge (sometimes just topping it off, sometimes a full charge). Today, I tracked it in stand-by with no calls it lost 5%/hr. I called crackberry and they are replacing it (actually two of them - we have two 8130s). Maybe the new ones will be better.
    04-08-08 05:23 PM
    Ive noticed a big difference with mine. Lasts quite a bit longer than the stock battery. Noticed I lose alot less on the battery indicator per day with the same amount of use on average. I let it charge for a full 12 hrs on the intial charge as the instructions recommended at least an 8 hour charge.

I did notice though that the battery door sticks out just a bit. Its not noticable unles you are looking right at the area with the intent of looking for it. Still though, it is a bit annoying as it takes away from those seamless lines.
    04-08-08 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD