hey all...

i just bought my first bb today from verizon.

i am having problems sync'ing to my company's exchange server. at first my email address is validated. in roughly 5 minutes, i get this message:

"this email account is no longer accessible by your bb device. this issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password used to access this account (password hasn't changed).

to resume receiving email from this address, login to your BIS account and verify the password is correct for this email account (it is.)"

i also posted this at blackberryforums.com. i want to tap into as many knowledgeable bb users that i can to see if i can get this to work properly!

thanks!
    12-27-07 07:11 PM
    Does your company have BES? Do you have a computer you can leave on 24hrs in order to do desktop redirecter?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-07 09:55 PM
    not sure if my company has BES.

no, my computer does not stay on 24 hours...hope that helps a bit more.

i will speak with IT tomorrow if i can't get it going tonight...
    12-27-07 10:23 PM
    Well,

A couple things to think about.

If your company does have the Blackberry Enterprise Server; they can add you to it but you might have to change data plans and pay more for that through Verizion. (I would need a Verizon person to confirm. Sprint charges us more for BES than BIS).

If you can leave your computer on(but locked) 24hours, you can use your current BIS plan and have your work Exchange emails re-directed to your BB. (This is the option I personal choose, but it doesn't work for everyone.)
    12-28-07 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD