I upgraded to the new OS, and have immediately noticed significantly worse battery performance. Whereas I could easily go two or three days without needing to charge my phone, I find myself needing to charge it completely once a day.

I can go to bed with a full battery, and wake up with 85%, without any activity on the phone. Can anyone think of any reasons for this? I left my house this morning with approximately 95% battery life, and it is now 1pm, and I am at 45%, with barely any 'usage' other than the occasional email, and two brief phone calls.

Does this new OS work the 'signal' much stronger? I have noticed that I have 'full bars' much more often than I used to, so I assume that the battery drain is a result of a stronger signal. Is there anything I can do to make my battery life better? I am not running any background applications, other than the usual 5 that can not be 'shut down'.

I'm a bit perplexed. Any help would be appreciated.
    11-19-09 11:59 AM
    Honestly I have always had to charge my battery on my 8120 every 24-36 hours even with light usage - no calls and maybe 15 emails. It has been this way since day one (about 1.5 years ago). I would have loved to get 3 days out of one charge. Did you upgrade from an older OS (ie 4.2 or 4.3 to 4.5) or just within the same version? I think 4.5 drains the battery more based on what I have read in the forums but I could be wrong.
    11-19-09 02:16 PM
    Better signal would mean better battery life. There must be some app change that is causing it. But you can always copy the radio file from this OS, and paste it in the previous, if you didn't have this problem before, but want the better signal.

WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 02:20 PM
    I always keep an eye on this Forum for the latest OS, and install it as soon as I can.

I just have really noticed a difference with battery life with this latest OS (found 'stickied' on this message board).

There has been no change in Apps (haven't added anything new in quite a while), and as I said, I know how to make sure everything is 'closed' and not running in the background. I really think it has to do with the phone working 'harder' for whatever reason... that's why I'm puzzled.

**I just noticed that a new OS was posted on Nov. 12! I was using the most recent version, which was 4.5.0.173 (SaskTel). I will upgrade to this new Sprint OS and see if I notice a difference.**
    Last edited by Zoolander24; 11-20-09 at 08:45 AM.
    11-20-09 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD