I just got my pearl for sprint. I went on the internet, and I wanted to look at their bookmarks. In their booksmarks was something for downloading AIM. I downloaded the AIM app, and it looks amazing... It loads more than 30 people.. and shows the enitre "offline". I had a nice conversation with my friend on it...

So why dont people use this program, since it is free... instead of paying the 20 for Jivtalk.. Am I missing something? This program I downlaoded is free.. (i think..) and looks like an allaround good aim program. What am I missing?
    07-10-08 12:50 PM
    Free AIM is limited. Last time I checked, it did not load the entire BL and the whole feel of the app was not pleasant!

JiveTalk is intuitive, easy and you can send files from your Berry easily!! And full BL support...

It is personal pref, so do what you like!!
    07-10-08 12:52 PM
    and the free aim is not available for all carriers like verizon!!!

and the free aim uses sms instead of data.

there are a number of things
    07-10-08 12:53 PM
    Just seems nice to me considering its free. I dunno I mean I saw Jiv, and it looks awesome, but this is free and it looks to be a real high quality aim.. I dunno
    Jivetalk can be used to connect to MSN, AIM and all the other IM services. I think you can add up to 7 accounts and log in to all of them at the same time.
    It doesn't cost that much! It's worth every penny.
    07-10-08 01:07 PM
    I bought it with a code that was taking 5$ off the final price... so it cost me 15$, not bad.

If you want a code, just do a google search, I found one in like 30 seconds.
    07-10-08 01:09 PM
    Ok I see your logic thanks
    07-10-08 01:17 PM
    I have sprint and use the free AIM app on my Pearl. Being that AIM is the only instant messaging app that I use it works for me. I had no idea that it uses SMS, if that's even true, but if so that's fine with me because I have unlmtd text : ) its all about what works for you. Honestly, if sprint didn't support AIM $20 doesn't seem like a ridiculous price especially if it supports many instant messenger applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 01:46 PM
    I have sprint and use the free AIM app on my Pearl. Being that AIM is the only instant messaging app that I use it works for me. I had no idea that it uses SMS, if that's even true, but if so that's fine with me because I have unlmtd text : ) its all about what works for you. Honestly, if sprint didn't support AIM $20 doesn't seem like a ridiculous price especially if it supports many instant messenger applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You about summed up my thoughts exactly. We have unlimited texts, sprint, and I only use AIM. But I understand the reason behind Jiv Now. Thanks all
    07-10-08 01:50 PM
    Its about MSN and not AIM, but same idea applies. For me, i dont have unlimited sms, plus the free MSN app just plain blows. it wont stay connected, and has no auto-reconnect function. and it would often display as if it was connected, but if you actually went to do something it errored out. at the same time you appeared offline to all your buddies.
    short answer for me is that jive is worth it because it actually works.
    07-10-08 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD