... and that she needs to go to the Curve 8330. The only problem she has had with her Pearl is that the screen went white a few times (which I explained can happen on any phone.... hers is corrected by hitting the back button, or at worst, turning it off and back on -- not even a battery pull), and I've actually had to exchange my Curve 7 times!!! I keep telling her that they just want her money from the upgrade, but she does not believe me.

Is there anyone here that can testify that the Pearl 8130 is a great device, and certainly sufficient for someone who only wants to: text, email, play brickbreaker, and make phone calls?

Thank you, I appreciate it!
    02-01-09 05:49 PM
    I have the 8130. I've had it for a year and i've never had any problems. It gets low on memory more often than other BBs but this is an issue with all Pearls and there's ways to fix it.

It will work for all the things your mom needs it for & more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 05:57 PM
    i have an 8130, i haven't had any technical problems, the only real pain is the lack of memory, but other than that it works like a charm ;-)

although personally, i'm itching for a larger screen...
    02-01-09 06:08 PM
    I LOVE my pretty Pearl! The size is perfect. I have long nails and can't type on the Curve but the keys on the Pearl have just enough of a ridge that I don't slide off. I may have to pull the battery once in awhile but I wouldn't trade my Pearl. Your mom will be fine!

02-01-09 06:10 PM
    The Pearl is a great device. Tell your mom to stick with it. I have had no problems with mine and have had it for over a year. Yes, it does get low on memory but easily fixed. I love it.

02-01-09 06:52 PM
    I love my pearl I am a constant email person and spent way to much time on the pc between wk an home. I love it should have done yrs ago! Phone pc pda all in 1 pocket!
    02-01-09 07:08 PM
    ... and that she needs to go to the Curve 8330. The only problem she has had with her Pearl is that the screen went white a few times (which I explained can happen on any phone.... hers is corrected by hitting the back button, or at worst, turning it off and back on -- not even a battery pull), and I've actually had to exchange my Curve 7 times!!! I keep telling her that they just want her money from the upgrade, but she does not believe me.

Is there anyone here that can testify that the Pearl 8130 is a great device, and certainly sufficient for someone who only wants to: text, email, play brickbreaker, and make phone calls?

Thank you, I appreciate it!
    The curve is awesome. I don't think I would ever go to a pearl. But that is because it works for me. Sprint is notorious for trying to up sell (Can't blame them it's how the get their money). If the phone still works and she doesn't WANT to spend the money on an upgrade then there is no real reason to. The screen going all white is a little odd I've never had a phone do that personally but if she can live with it (I'm anal retentive and never could) then the phone is fine for her.
    02-01-09 07:20 PM
    I loved my pearl. I went curve because it better suits my needs with the full keyboard. The pearl is amazing. If she was content she should get it again, the screen can happen even on a flip basic dumbphone.

Get another pearl!

02-01-09 07:26 PM
    My pearl is amazing, I wouldn't trade it for anything. The only big difference between the pearl and the curve is the memory, and she should be fine with what it has since it sounds like she will just be doing the basics.

Rule of thumb over where I work is this, all blackberries have 1 major thing in common, push email. Its what makes a blackberry a blackberry. So its all about which one you like best(touch screen, full keyboard, big screen, powerful processor), if its going to cost her money to upgrade I would say don't do it.

02-01-09 09:46 PM
    my pearl has everything i need, phone, email, sms mms, basic internet, mp3

i didnt want the wide curve
    02-02-09 12:28 AM
    Im all for saving money and everything, but if your mom wants to move up to a Curve, I say let her do it. I mean, if shes interested, then she should exercise that interest and spend a couple bucks and move up to a new phone. Lifes too short to be worrying about penny pinching.

If her phone company is pushing her, and its not what she wants, then thats wrong, but if she has a genuine interest in moving up to (IMO) a nicer phone, then she should do that.

Cost me 200 clams to break contract with Tmo so I could get my Bold, and it was well worth it. Im not a rich man, but sometimes you gotta spoil yourself.
    02-02-09 12:52 AM
    I absolutely LOVE my Pearl, and I have tried both. Don't get me wrong, the Curve is a great device, but just a little too big for my tastes. My Pearl does everything (I am constantly texting and emailing), and yet it can slip in my tiny purse or my jeans pocket with no problems.
    02-02-09 05:50 AM
    I had the pearl for a year and I loved it. I have the storm now but there was absolutely nothing wrong with the pearl.

02-02-09 08:36 AM
    Perhaps it is just an issue with that particular Pearl and Sprint should replace it with another one.
    02-02-09 09:23 AM
    Thanks everyone!!!!!! I read her this, and I could see her little brain thinking... lol I think that they salesmen at Sprint have her convinced that her phone is subpar though, even though I have explained to her that it is the SAME phone, only with a different design and a little less memory (which can be solved with a memory card). Today I asked her if I could see her phone (I wanted to change her "sent read message" settings so that my phone could notify me whether or not she receives my emails), and she pulled the phone out of her pocket!!!! I was like "You know that you're not going to be able to do that with the Curve right..." and she just looked at me.

Oh well, I just hope she's happy with whatever she decides on so that I don't have to hear her complain for the next 2 years until her contract runs out.
    02-02-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD