Hey everyone! : ) I got a second Blackberry pearl from a friend awhile back and it worked perfectly. He never had trouble with it, and I didn't either, until just recently. Suddenly, the little loading symbol shows up in the middle of the screen CONSTANTLY. It makes everything move really slow too- sometimes I won't even know someone called because it'll take too long trying to load the call!

Texting is just as bad. It takes literally minutes sometimes for the letters to appear on screen at all. It continued to act weird by turning off and on randomly for awhile, though currently it's better. But the battery seems to die a lot faster than usual. It also won't connect properly to the internet. Sometimes it won't connect at all. When I can get it to work it says I need an update. When I try to update about halfway through I get a error and the entire thing aborts.

I honestly don't know much about phones, but I did everything I could to fix it. I pulled the battery, SIM, I deleted all the excess memory things that were unneccessary (like extra languages and so forth.) Cleared my broswer cache...everything! I was just hoping someone might have a tip or two to give me? Nothing seems to work, and it's unberably frustarting! (And I don't have the kinda cash to just go buy a new phone..)

Thanks in advance everyone! Anyone who helps is very appreciated!
    10-03-08 09:06 PM
    Well, firstly what OS are you running? Secondly have you wiped the phone and reloaded? And lastly, you got the phone from a friend and you say you're on TMobile, is the Pearl a TMo branded Pearl?
    10-04-08 04:03 AM
    my question is are you using a memory card?
    I had similar problems but then I formatted the card on my laptop and then formatted it on my phone and seemed to fix the problem...

took me 4 days to figure it out... all started when i upgraded to 4.5.81

Hope this helps, let us know...
    10-06-08 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD