I do not use my blackberry pearl for work so will I be able to set up Enterprise?
    03-05-09 07:33 AM
    If you purchased a personal data plan, then you are on BIS. Although you can purchase a BES plan for personal use, it's just a lot more expensive.
    What are you looking to set up?
    03-05-09 09:26 PM
    Blackberry Enterprise Activation Steps.

The Blackberry Enterprise service delivers seamless bi-directional wireless synchronization of Exchange PIM data, e-mail, tasks, memos, calendars, and address books. It also provides automatic backup of user preferences and can provide additional security by remotely "killing" lost or stolen devices.

Before you go for "Enterprise Activation; please ensure that you are ready for "Enterprise Activation" by checking the below given checklist.

Data Plan:

Please ensure that your device has a "Blackberry Enterprise Data Plan".

BES Account:

Please ensure that your mailbox has been enabled for use with BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service). If not then please contact your administrator and for any clarification he can get in touch with us at support at apps4rent.com.

Coverage:

Please ensure that handheld wireless device is on and that you are in an area of wireless coverage.

Enterprise Activation

From the device, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click Settings and then Options.

2. Click on Advanced Options and then Enterprise Activation.

If Enterprise Activation option is not available on your device, then please contact your carrier and verify dataplan. They may need to "resend your service books" to make this option available.

3. Enter your primary email address: (press the space key for a "@" symbol and again for ".") Example: adam.smith at johndoe.com

4. Enter the activation password.

5. Click the Menu button

6. Select Activate

Your device will Verify encryption keys and start downloading service books. Time for the download of mails and items will depend upon the size of your mailbox.
    03-10-09 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD