I love how easily accessed the Standy Mode button is, however it stops short of being a one-touch solution, because of the requirement that you OK the action. Worse, the OK button is not initially selected, and worse still, my type-size choice causes the initial message to scroll off the screen so I don't even see the OK button at all.

I want to press one button and be in Standby mode. Now is that asking for too much...? <g>

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA
    02-11-08 11:32 AM
    I love how easily accessed the Standy Mode button is, however it stops short of being a one-touch solution, because of the requirement that you OK the action. Worse, the OK button is not initially selected, and worse still, my type-size choice causes the initial message to scroll off the screen so I don't even see the OK button at all.

I want to press one button and be in Standby mode. Now is that asking for too much...? <g>

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA
    Rick, if you update to the latest OS software this has been fixed.
    See the sticky at the top.
    02-11-08 11:35 AM
    I see a sticky at the top for US Cellular. Mine is a VW phone, so not sure that applies to me.

But if I can download or upgrade anything to address my question, I'm all ears...
    02-11-08 11:43 AM
    Rick,
    That will work on your Verizon. I'm running it. Just follow the instructions at the beginning. This upgrade will also help with some other issues.
    Just be sure to back up your BB with DT Manager first.
    02-11-08 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD