When I enter a phone number and then try to add it to the Address Book, it automatically files it under "WORK" as if the number I am trying to enter is someone's office number, when most of the time, the number I want to enter is a cell number that I want to automatically be filed under "MOBILE". Is there any way to set my phone to file the number under Mobile instead of Work?
    08-07-08 10:48 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    I want to know this too.
    08-07-08 10:49 AM
    Sorry, but no, there's no option to change the default to file under Mobile.
    08-07-08 10:50 AM
    Thanks Jeff. I was afraid of that. I'm thinking its the business orientation of what the BB once was. Thinking all numbers are work related?
    08-07-08 10:52 AM
    My old phone used to prompt me as to what type of number the new address book entry was, and I got to pick it out before storing it... anyone feel like writing an application that allows this??? I'd be the first to download it!
    08-07-08 10:56 AM
    Thanks Jeff. I was afraid of that. I'm thinking its the business orientation of what the BB once was. Thinking all numbers are work related?
    That would be my guess. Plus business users probably used to be more likely to exchange office numbers than cell numbers. It would be nice though if we had the option.
    08-07-08 10:57 AM
    My old phone used to prompt me as to what type of number the new address book entry was, and I got to pick it out before storing it... anyone feel like writing an application that allows this??? I'd be the first to download it!
    My previous phones used to do the same. I'd also d/l in a heatbeat an app that allows for this.
    08-07-08 10:57 AM
    My previous phones used to do the same. I'd also d/l in a heatbeat an app that allows for this.
    Send Patrick Waugh an email. If he got enough interest, he might do it.
    08-07-08 10:59 AM
    **BUMP**

any update on this anyone?
    05-05-10 05:09 PM
    **BUMP**

any update on this anyone?
    talk about reviving the dead.
    05-05-10 05:14 PM
    AddNumberAs is an app that will give you this capability.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD