My daughter's 8100 went into the endless boot loop today with the hour glass and the red flashing light. I have followed all the steps in the Blackberry 101 for reloading the operating system. However, it fails at the same point every time. At the "Wait for device initialization" step, it goes right back into the boot loop and I get an error that says: "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." I've tried wiping the unit with jl commander but no matter how many times I try, it never connects. Anyone have any more ideas?
    03-11-08 08:26 PM
    you need to connect to PC without battery and then run apploader, desktop software will not show connected but apploader connection screen should show usb pin,if does click next otherwise click detect or disconnect and reconnect. T_mobile support can step through as well
    03-11-08 08:52 PM
    Again, I have done all of that. Ran AppLoader, removed battery, plugged in phone via USB cable, waited until port changes to usb pin, clicked next, checked all software, clicked finish. It erases and then reloads the operating system and then, as soon as the phone reboots, the Pearl goes right back into the same reboot loop as it started, its frustrating as heck.
    03-12-08 05:28 AM
    is it under warranty? if so get an exchange
    03-12-08 06:28 AM
    I am in the process of returning it. Thanks for the help.
    03-23-08 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD