Hi

I'm first time BB user and I love it. and btw great web site and lots of great info for bb user.

I just signed up for Empower mail viewer, I'm having some minor problems and did a search in forums and still couldnt find the answer. Hopefully someone can point me to the right direction

I currently have 3 emails icon and a messages icon.

1- My cox.net email only receiving certain emails.....some times a friend from yahoo.com or even cox.net email wont goto my BB email. I dont see an option to block certain email. But my yahoo.com emails are fine, its receiving all email.

2- The message icon- its tracking all of my 3 email messages + all calls log. I see a previous forum said goto the option and uncheck SMS/MMS option, but mine doesnt have that option. I tried looking in Options then Advanced and still dont see that

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    12-15-07 12:54 PM
    Empower has nothing to do with your email, that's just a viewer.
    If you are having problems receiving email from Cox check your settings on Cox or if you have BIS add those accounts to your BB.

To separate your email from sms-mms, open your messages icon - hit blackberry icon - hit otions - hit.general options - under.sms and email choose separate.

Hope this helps.
    12-15-07 10:50 PM
    i follow your instruction up to

To separate your email from sms-mms, open your messages icon - hit blackberry icon - hit otions - hit.general options - under.sms and email choose separate.

Mine doesnt have that option
    12-17-07 12:29 PM
    What OS version are you running (options - about).
    It might be that that option did not exist until 4.2.1.107.
    If you don't have this version login to your T-Mobile account and download it.
    12-17-07 12:47 PM
    i have 4.2.0.64
    12-17-07 12:53 PM
    Go to TMO website. Login under your account and download new software for your BB.
    It is worth the upgrade and you will be able to split email and sms.
    12-17-07 12:56 PM
    i will try to download it tonight.

Thanks for your help.
    12-17-07 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD