Hey guys,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I couldn't see it posted anywhere.

One of our blackberrys is not allowing a user to delete email messages. The confirmation to delete comes up but the message doesn't get deleted.

The icons for these messages have changed into a folder icon rather than an envelope.

I read on another site a way to get rid of the icons, which was this.
    Connect the device to desktop manager, email settings, messages, clear.

Disconnect, turn off email reconciliation for 30 seconds then turn back on.

This worked perfectly yesterday and the envelope icon came back and I was able to delete emails again.

However this morning, when I went to give the guy his blackberry back, the email icons had changed to a folder icon and now we can't delete them.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Am I going to have to hook it up to the desktop manager (located in a different office) each time to get rid of the folder icons?

Cheers Helen
    02-15-08 06:56 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    02-15-08 07:19 AM
    We will need more information such as what type of Berry is it, which server are you on which it sounds like BES?? Depending on which server you're on, you may need to send service books back to the device again. You may also want to find out from the carrier how to do a master radio reset. Not a battery pull but a Master Radio Reset.when I was with Nextel, I had to do those type resets on the 7100i. Give us more info so we can try to help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-08 07:21 AM
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

The blackberry is a Pearl 8100 and yes its on a BES server.

I haven't tried a battery pull, is that pulling the battery out whilst its still powered on??

Cheers Helen
    02-22-08 09:22 AM
    Just another quick note, when I go into the email options, and select file, select inbox, then file, the email icon comes back but I still can't delete the email from the device.

Helen
    02-22-08 10:00 AM
    Hello,

I just got the curve 8900 and Im trying to delete my email account icons from my old pearl 8100 so that I can sell it. Any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks,
    Maribel
    02-22-09 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD