So I just recently bought an 8110. I know its an ATNT only phone, but ive unlocked it and so far everything works on data. GPS, (still learning that one) Browser, Live Messenger, etc. All that works.

My only issue is that I have been trying for almost a solid day trying to setup my email. Im one of those guys that knows what im doing, but I may look over a small detail. Ive been following the guides Tmobile and Blackberry both give me, and I keep hanging up at a couple screens.

On their website, I never get the screen to add an email account, only a screen that asks for my PIN and IMEI numbers.

On my handset, I never get a screen to add an account or even a blackberry account, because I keep getting the same error that I do on my PC saying "We are unable to access this service at this time."

Anyone have any IDEA whats up? I messed with the TCP settings of the phone to see if my gateway was the issue since its set to cingular from when I unlocked the phone.

Thanks for any ideas
    05-10-09 09:16 AM
    On the website add your pin and IMEI. You can find that by doing this ALT + RACE.
    Once you have it entered on the BIS page.
    TCP settings for TMO is wap.voicestream.com user and pass are blank.
    05-10-09 09:28 AM
    Ive been doing this from my PC since my phone gets hardly any reception in this condo thanks to all the concrete. Now that I changed the TCP settings to what you said, should I run the wizard from my phone to setup the email?
    05-10-09 09:37 AM
    No you dont need to. You can if you like but you would be better to go to the tmo site from your pc and enter the pin and IMEI. Setup your account your want. You should get an email confirming it was successfull.
    05-10-09 09:40 AM
    I do that, and once I enter my pin and imei, it tells me it cant access its own service, and its been doing this for a day. I got a message yesterday on my blackberry saying it had been registered on the network, but thats it. I keep getting this error on the pc method as well as through my phone.

Im beginning to wonder if its tmobiles issue. Possibly server problems?
    05-10-09 10:01 AM
    We apologize, there was an error trying to access the service. Please click here to try again.

By "clicking here" it just returns me to the tmobile website and logs me out. This is highly frustrating.
    05-10-09 10:15 AM
    Hold on let me try it. Are you using firefox? I have noticed that TMo site doesnt work well with firefox for some reason.

UPDATE: Its working for me. I suggest you call Customer Service. They will be able to help you get it done. All that neds to happen is get your pin and IMEI entered into their database so it should be rather quick.
    Last edited by rlp32; 05-10-09 at 11:37 AM.
    05-10-09 11:35 AM
    Odd. I got online with Customer Cares online chat and they said it seems their server is down, and apparently my account is still in the provisioning stage even though everything else (just pure data stream for other applications) were working. I guess Ill give it a couple days and try again. If not, ill see if they will hardcode my numbers in. Thanks for the suggestions.
    05-10-09 12:58 PM
    Hold on let me try it. Are you using firefox? I have noticed that TMo site doesnt work well with firefox for some reason.

UPDATE: Its working for me. I suggest you call Customer Service. They will be able to help you get it done. All that neds to happen is get your pin and IMEI entered into their database so it should be rather quick.
    I've noticed that as well. Everytime I get a link for someone, it says "unsupported browser". It's rare to get that anymore using firefox. Used to be a normal part of life.
    05-10-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD