Hello all, just a quick question, I am trying to setup my email account and cannot by linking it to my gmail account. I have gone through the wizard and the userg uide says it should give me the option to configure my own email address... all it gives me is the enterprise server optino and skip. Is there any other way to manually configure the email option with gmail.... Thanks to all...
    10-14-08 06:31 PM
    Can you explain what you have tried a little bit more. Have you tried the gmail app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 10:14 PM
    Try this link:

Google

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 10:28 PM
    i am having this same problem. I am running the interactive tutorial from teh blackberry website on my computer right now, and it says i should select the option in the setup wizard that says "i want to create or add an email address", but this option isn't on my blackberry screen. all i have is "i want to use a work email account with blackberry enterprise server" and "i want to skip email setup". I can't run blackberry enterprise server because i'm on a mac, but i still want to get my gmail email on my blackberry... How can i do this?
    10-15-08 06:21 PM
    If the only options you have are to set up enterprise email or skip, then your BlackBerry is not provisioned correctly. This means that you may not have a BB data plan, or that the carrier just simply hasn't provisioned your BB correctly.

I would recommend you call your carrier to confirm that you have a BB data plan, and if you do, have them double check the provisioning and resend your service books.
    10-15-08 06:34 PM
    i suppose i should also note that i do not have t-mobile's internet plan for my blackberry. Is this a requirement if i want to have my email forwarded from my computer to my phone? I was hoping there was some way to have my email forwarded from my macbook to my blackberry without having to pay an extra $20 a month for t-mobile internet...
    10-15-08 06:34 PM
    i suppose i should also note that i do not have t-mobile's internet plan for my blackberry. Is this a requirement if i want to have my email forwarded from my computer to my phone? I was hoping there was some way to have my email forwarded from my macbook to my blackberry without having to pay an extra $20 a month for t-mobile internet...
    Yes, either add the $10 BB email plan, or the $20 unlimited BB data plan.
    10-15-08 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD