I'm having two issues which I can't seem to get a resolution to but I heard this place is great so I thought I'd give it a shot. I have the Pearl with Verizon and I have two email accounts setup on my phone. One is my companies email that is activated with our BES and the other is my personal gmail account.

First off I'm trying to figure out what "Desktop" is referring to when I look in my email options. I have Desktop, my company email, and my gmail listed when I got to email settings. Right now when I get an email everything gets put into my "Messages" Icon and there is no split between my company email and my gmail. I don't want the two to be received in the same place so I can tell which account it's coming through too.

I'm also having the isse that when I sent a reply to an email in gmail on the computer, it sends a copy of that sent item to my phone as if it's a new email. That is really annoying and I really hope there is a solution to that.

What I really just want is to have my two email accounts be received in seperate places and not both in my "Messages." I also would like to know if someone can clarify why I have "Desktop" (which I assume is the sync with my BES) along with a seperate entry for that same email account). This gmail issue is annoying but it's not the end of the world. Anyone that can shed some light into my situation would be an amazing help to me. Thanks guys.
    03-26-08 09:14 PM
    desktop = BES email
    will always be this way but should have gmail icon for just gmail mails
    need to setup filter on gmail for mail sent from yourself and set it to delete it
    you can't as is set this way by RIM
    03-26-08 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD