Please help!! I'm an appraiser and many of my clients are now sending orders out to every appraiser via e-mail. The bottom line is the first person to click on the link in the e-mail gets the job. Everytime I get one of these e-mails on my desktop somebody has already clicked on the link and accepted the order. I went to Verizon to see about getting the 8130 and sent a sample e-mail to the salesmen. He got the e-mail right away but could not figure out how to click on the link (nor was the link blue or underlined). Can anybody tell me if it is possible to click on hyperlinks in e-mail and how to do it. I want the phone but do not want to buy it if it does not do what I need it for. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by dnolen01; 01-03-08 at 04:59 PM.
    01-03-08 04:56 PM
    YES!!! It is, but you have to use a Third Party Application such as BBSmart Email Viewer or Empower Email to get the HTML email on your BB.

RIM--by design, simplifies your email to text only. The two apps mentioned above, put it back in HTML format, making your hyperlinks clickable.

You will be fine, and you will get the jobs. Get your email forwarded to an email account like on GMail, setup Gmail in your BB, and you "should" get those emails instantly.

Good luck.
    01-03-08 05:30 PM
    Wow! Thanks for the quick response. I thought it had to be possible somehow. Do you pefer one Third Party Application other the other?
    01-03-08 05:39 PM
    I use and prefer BBSmart. Both are good, and Empower just came out with an updated version many people like.

Both have free trials, so try one then the other.
    01-03-08 05:52 PM
    Thank you again for your help. I'm going to go get the phone
    01-03-08 05:54 PM
    Cool, and since you are nice:
    links to both here:
    Why can't I get HTML Email? - BlackBerryFAQ
    01-03-08 05:57 PM
    All I can say is wow! I should have ask here a long time ago. I've made about six trips to the store and talked to so many of their sales people during the past couple of weeks. We've tried a ton of different phones and the ones that "worked" only got the e-mail every 15 minutes rather than real time. You're a life saver. Hopefuly, one day I'll be able to help another newbie down the road! Thank you again
    01-03-08 06:05 PM
    Hi dnolen01,

Yep, you can try out a free trial of BBSmart Email Viewer if you like (link is in my signature). If you have any queries please don't hesitate to PM me.

Cheers,
    eZ.
    01-03-08 10:04 PM
    This thread was exactly was I was looking for. Unfortunately I can�t get it to install. I downloaded the Desktop Manager Install Package, Unzipped it, started my application loader in Blackberry desktop manager, clicked on add, went to the directory picked 4.3 Version for my 8130 pearl from Verizon, picked the file, went to open it and I get this

No Additional applications designed for your device were found

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    02-25-08 11:43 AM
    What you need to also install is the device's OS onto your PC. The Desk Top Manager needs this software to work. It's confusing as both the DT Manager and OS are the same version 4.3.
    02-25-08 11:50 AM
    PixalArt... read this thread...it has the Verizon link posted by Gadget.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/bla...s-4-3-a-20469/
    02-25-08 11:52 AM
    Another Option would be to download it directly from your phone!!
    02-25-08 11:59 AM
    thanks... I downloaded it from the phone and it works, cool, I was pretty unhappy do to the emails i needed to get where not plain text. this solves a big problem for me.. now on to view PDF's?

Thanks for the help, I'm new to BB, always had my old toshiba PDA with me which now has broken screen. It was time to move into BB world..
    02-25-08 12:09 PM
    and Member No.1

Thanks for the link, I will read that and try and get up to speed.

thanks again
    02-25-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD