I have never had a BlackBerry before. I recently upgraded from a Sanyo Katana DLX. I love my BB Pearl, however, the first one I got had a serious battery issue. (About 20 minutes from unplugging it the battery would completely drain). So I had to trade it for a new one. I set up my BlackBerry e-mail on the old phone without an issue.

When I got the new one I tried to set up my BlackBerry e-mail by login with the username and password (just like it said) and it gave me an error message that my pin number was already associated with an account. Now everytime I try to re-set it up it gives me an error saying I have to contact the system administrator. It gives me the same error messages if I just try to set up a new account.

I don't know what to do.
    12-23-07 07:14 PM
    Contact your carrier and tell them to have the BIS account removed for your new phone so you can use it. They have to get it released.
    12-23-07 07:25 PM
    Correct, every time you get a new BB they have to reset your BIS account. Most reps forget but your BIS is linked to your PIN number and every BB has a unique PIN. When you turn in a BB the pin is disabled and so is your BIS account

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-07 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD