Hi,
    Yesterday my SIM card pretty much crapped out on me (although it did have a nice seven year run). My phone had no signal whatsoever, the main menu said "Initialization failed" and when I tried to access the browser I received an error indicating I didn't have a valid SIM.

I tried placing the SIM card in my old phone and sure enough, it wasn't recognized. I went to a local AT&T wireless and got a new card.

Since then, for some reason the new message indicator thinks I have two new e-mails. I have no new e-mails. In fact, I've deleted all but one old e-mail from October. I checked BB Messenger - nothing new. I checked the Browser Messages, SMS Sim Card Inbox and WAP Push Messages - nada. I did a battery pull - no such luck.

Short of wiping everything clean/resetting/whatever, what are my options? Thanks!
    02-09-09 07:38 PM
    try checking the saved messages folder, if new messages are in there they would still count towards ur indicator. the other options would be to highlight the most recent date line in ur messages, hit the menu button and select mark prior opened and that should fix it. pm me with ur results
    02-09-09 07:44 PM
    I'm not high enough to PM yet.

I did try Mark Prior Opened as well, but my screen froze so I turned my phone off. I'll give that another try after I receive new e-mail.
    02-09-09 08:10 PM
    Tried Mark Prior Opened this morning...still no luck. Seems like these two ghost e-mails are stuck.
    02-10-09 07:26 PM
    In case anyone was curious...
    I talked to an AT&T rep who suggested connecting the Blackberry to my Device Manager, then clearing messages from there and finally performing another battery pull. This didn't work.
    I am now in the midst of setting everything back up after performing a complete wipe and I am very annoyed, so I guess this will serve as a cautionary tale to anyone who gets a SIM card replaced...
    02-16-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD