WTF!!! Is it so hard to design a phone so dust doesn't get underneath the display jeez man... My phone is 6 days old and has been kept in a BB OEM holster and a SEIDIO BB8100SA. My V9m which was a pocket phone for 2 months and has 2 display with not one spec of dust in it. Nice quality control RIM. I just hate dust!! Other wise the phone works nicely.
    04-18-08 03:17 PM
    Sir, you are asking for trouble ranting like that. This is a known problem, especially if you put your phone in your pocket.
    04-18-08 03:19 PM
    When you spend that kind of money you want the item to be sealed and perfect.
    Unless you take it apart, that dust is camping out under your screen.
    Can you return it in a store?
    04-18-08 03:40 PM
    When you spend that kind of money you want the item to be sealed and perfect.
    Unless you take it apart, that dust is camping out under your screen.
    Can you return it in a store?

Yes, I could return it. But I don't think it's worth the hassle.
    04-18-08 04:51 PM
    Yes, I could return it. But I don't think it's worth the hassle.
    cbagz, welcome to CB.
    04-18-08 04:57 PM
    I hate the dust to. It can annoy the **** out of you when you see in in bright sunlight. I got dust in my 8300 and when I got the 8310 I sealed up the sides with chapstick
    The right side seems prone to dust.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 05:09 PM
    My 8300 always has. Dust under the screen! I've cleaned under it like twice I'm tired of takin it apart!

04-18-08 05:20 PM
    I hate the dust to. It can annoy the **** out of you when you see in in bright sunlight. I got dust in my 8300 and when I got the 8310 I sealed up the sides with chapstick
    The right side seems prone to dust.

Chapstick?? are you kidding or serious?
    04-18-08 05:24 PM
    Yup am serious.
    Just took a bit and rubbed it into sides.

04-18-08 05:41 PM
    cbagz, welcome to CB.
    Thank You!
    04-18-08 05:52 PM
    I imagine it comes from the ear hole and works it's way down. I always wipe mine downward and to the side to try and avoid getting dust. So far so good (knock on wood).

04-18-08 07:39 PM
    From wht I have seen there is a lil space on right side of screen tht allows dust to get in.

04-18-08 07:47 PM
    Buy one of those food saver vacuum pack machines and vacuum pack your Pearl. You'll never get dust in it and the great thing is, you can even use it under water.

Were people always this anal or is it a new trend in society?
    04-18-08 07:56 PM
    Uh huh ok.
    Then how wud we do battery pulls ?

04-18-08 09:01 PM
    why would he complain about it, then they give him an option to return it to the store, but its to hard,

to take the sim out, and put it in the new phone, and uh oh! have to add some BBM contacts!
    04-18-08 09:28 PM
    LOL. Take it easy guys.
    Passive aggressive?

04-18-08 09:31 PM
    Haha just staying the facts. He had made his point clear that he thinks its unacceptable to have this happen and they offer a new device to help and he says its to much hassle.

Sadly we can't have it all!

04-18-08 09:59 PM
    I do think that this is a problem as you are paying for a quality device that clearly has a problem that shouldn't be there. Sadly, you have to take the bad with the good and the best thing to do is just to try and keep it clean and hope you don't get dust. Maybe someday RIM will have a fix.
    04-18-08 11:38 PM
    Uh huh ok.
    Then how wud we do battery pulls ?

SoftReset application. Can't remember the last time I physically pulled the battery out.
    04-19-08 12:05 AM
    All Verizon 8130 EU could you look on the left top of your screen (you may have to tilt it on a angle in the sun or a bright light) to see if you are missing the foam that goes around the screen? Iam missing about 1/2 inch of the foam that seals the screen (causing the dust). Phone was made in MEXICO.
    Any help would be appreciated... Thx

SEE PICTURE ATTACHED.
    Last edited by cbagz; 04-19-08 at 07:36 AM.
    04-19-08 07:19 AM
    Don't think because it was made in Mexico it is inferior and got dust.
    My 8300 was made in Canada and got dust.

04-19-08 08:54 AM
    why would he complain about it, then they give him an option to return it to the store, but its to hard,

to take the sim out, and put it in the new phone, and uh oh! have to add some BBM contacts!
    No sim in my BB pearl
    04-19-08 07:43 PM
    Nobody could assist? I guess it is what it is!!
    04-21-08 03:26 PM
    What assistance would you need? I would allow them to exchange the device for you. Then get a holster or something so that your not putting it in your pocket all the time and then less risk of dust. Or you can youtube how to take it apart and then you can clean it out.

04-21-08 03:38 PM
    What assistance would you need? I would allow them to exchange the device for you. Then get a holster or something so that your not putting it in your pocket all the time and then less risk of dust. Or you can youtube how to take it apart and then you can clean it out.

Assistting in Post #20 - Also the device is in a holster. You guys must only read what you want to read.
    04-21-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD