first off, let me say the Verizon Pearl is the absolute best phone i have ever used... attention getter and finally got rid of that verizon interface i hate

but only 2 weeks in, it seems there is already dust getting behind the glass and i can wipe it off... dunno how it's getting in

i tried compressed air but it's not working

anyone else have this problem? on my last motorola, it go to the point where i could not even see the screen in daylight and its buggin me

any solution? warrenty?
    12-20-07 05:11 PM
    I'm assuming you meant you can't get the dust off/out.

You possibably get it exchanged for a warranty replacement claiming that the manufactorer didn't seal the screen in properly, thereby allowing dust to infiltrate behind the screen.

I wonder though if some sort of screen protecter that overlapped the screen, onto the phone would help prevent that?
    12-20-07 05:59 PM
    yea thats what i was wondering...

about the warranty do i contact blackberry themselves or verizon?

would crackberry's skins stop this anyone?
    12-20-07 06:18 PM
    Got my Curve three weeks ago and mine is full of dust under the cover. Called AT&T and they are sending out a new one in exchange as I am still within the 30 days. I bought the Otterbox case which has the plastic cover that surrounds the curve. Hopefully that will keep the dust out becuase I can't exchange again
    01-16-08 03:15 PM
    Take it to vzw, they should be cool about it, I've seen a few htc touches do this and we've swapped them out in store for customers. I work for sprint though, and can't gaurantee that anybody will swap it out because it's considered "cosmetic" damage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-08 03:33 PM
    Go to YouTube and do a search for Pearl Dissection or follow this link:

This, however, will void your warranty.

I'm not sure how the dust is getting in, but there are certain openings like the speaker and the headphone jack. The best advice is to keep it out of a dusty place like your pocket. The phrase "pocket lint" sounds familiar for a reason. Those silicon skins cover up many vulnerable seams, but some of it needs to stay uncovered as I said.
    01-16-08 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD