Help! I am a new user (2 weeks). I have successfully sync'd my Pearl to my office PC to download my calendar from Outlook. First time everything looked good.

Second day I sync'd, I ended up with duplicates on everything. (Ugh! 736 entries now!)

Two questions:
    1. What setting am I missing to prevent future sync's from duplicating.

2. How do I get rid of the 300+ duplicates? (Should I delete the entire calendar and start over, and if so, how?, or is there another method)

Thanks in advance for your help.
    01-03-08 11:51 AM
    Are the entries on both the BB and your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-08 01:57 PM
    Only the duplicates on the BB

01-03-08 04:24 PM
    I verified that my Outlook settings are king in any conflict. But how do I get rid of the existing problem of the duplicate entries?
    Last edited by Consilium; 01-03-08 at 07:20 PM.
    01-03-08 07:06 PM
    Duplicates are only on the BB

01-03-08 07:10 PM
    I have the same problems...I've been through Verizon, through Blackberry twice for hours and it still won't synch the calendar correctly. I am about ready to through the phone out the window. I just want it to work right! Blackberry support seems stumped with no solution either! Anyone else?
    01-03-08 07:19 PM
    Wipe the bb and resync. Just incase if your worried do a backup.
    01-03-08 10:12 PM
    1) Launch your Desktop manager

2) Go to Backup and Restore

3) Click on Advance

4) Find the Calender database by scrolling down

5) Select it and press the Clear button
    01-03-08 11:17 PM
    me too! i think its bc you prob have multiple registered emails that are within your outlook. i have 3 gmail accounts synced on my blackberry and im getting multiple instances of calender bits.
    01-04-08 04:01 AM
    same prob for me......I synch to lotus notes calendar and my BB calendar will show two identical appointments....one says its my vzw.bb calendar, the other my yahoo caledar...which I do not even use!?

It's not consistant though?
    01-04-08 05:59 AM
    me too! i think its bc you prob have multiple registered emails that are within your outlook. i have 3 gmail accounts synced on my blackberry and im getting multiple instances of calender bits.
    I'm pretty sure the multiple emails are the issue. I use BIS, and have two gmail accounts & my blackberrry email account setup via BIS. When I added the 2nd gmail account, the service books included one for calendar for the gmail account. This caused duplicates for me. I've found that if I add a new email via BIS, I need to go into tools > advanced > service books and remove all the calendar books associated with email accounts. This worked for me.

Now, I'm not expert, and maybe somebody else will chime in here, but this appears to be the problem which fortunately, is easy to remedy.

Hope that helps!

Jevid
    01-04-08 10:56 AM
    Thanks everyone for the input. I followed the steps given by dduban to clear the existing calendar items. Verified my settings, and tried it again... it worked!

I still don't know how I managed to duplicate all the items, but "oh well!"

Thanks again for all the help!
    01-06-08 09:03 AM
    I have been having the same problem and pulling my hair out about it. I delete them from my BB and then my outlook is cleared out.
    Question -
    1) Launch your Desktop manager

2) Go to Backup and Restore

3) Click on Advance

4) Find the Calender database by scrolling down

5) Select it and press the Clear button

On Step 4, I have Calendar and Calendar-All...which is the one to dump. I also went into my service books and deleted all the Calendar Service books - or what I thought were calendar service books, I'll let you know how it worked.
    01-14-08 06:41 PM
    I have Calendar and Calendar-All too. Did we ever figure out which one to dump?

Thanks.

RYAN
    01-24-08 10:32 AM
    i have a similar issue, but not identical. when i synced my BB, i lost about half of my calendar. lost them from both my outlook (where they originated), but kept them on my BB. but instead of being linked to my outlook, they linked to my gmail account
    01-24-08 11:07 AM
    I also developed and issue with syncing the calendar to Outlook, in addition to my issue in Post 13.
    When I would sync, it would skip over my calendar and not sync it.
    I finally called Vzn, who kicked me to BB support and we did a ton of stuff and its working now.
    It was determined I had a bad calendar service book, so we deleted all the Calendar service books, and then set my default services (under Options, advanced options) and resent the service books to the unit.
    WAIT - on my unit if I went in and tried to change the default services to have the calendar associated with a certain email, that is what I think created the error. it didnt like getting changed after it had entries already under another calendar.
    01-24-08 01:11 PM
    Wow...thank you all. I cleared the calendar all option and my double entries disappeared...now my 9700 is running smooth as silk
    12-27-09 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD